World of Warcraft Guild

This is the place to discuss all those "other" non EQ1 related games. ie EQ2, WoW, VG and all the other evils! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Jorrell
Guild Leader
nomorespam: 0

Re: World of Warcraft Guild

Post by Jorrell »

Honestly, nobody needs to come in defense of anyone on these boards when it concerns another guild on another MMORPG. Have fun doing whatever it is you're doing.

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Post by Zzzapp »

Agreed, the other guild should have their boards set up for that.
Zzzapp
Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

Jorrell wrote:Honestly, nobody needs to come in defense of anyone on these boards when it concerns another guild on another MMORPG. Have fun doing whatever it is you're doing.
I agree that it's distasteful for others' dirty laundry being aired out on your back porch; but if that's how you feel about it, why even have a "Non-EQ" forum? The other guild does have their own boards. It's unfortunate that the drama wasn't contained there, but I don't think it warranted such a dismissive remark.
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned
Pherawk
nomorespam: 22

Post by Pherawk »

It was a compromise - otherwise all of this sort of stuff was ending up in the General Forums. To imply that we're inviting this sort of activity is a little bit of a strange accusation to say the least. I'd be all for getting rid of this forum if people would keep other games where they belong - away from MLF!
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Nannwin
Of course I could be totally wrong and be talking out of my ass too so your mileage may vary

Post by Nannwin »

My personal take on this is that this is a forum for discussing other games and having fun while doing it. Coming here to bitch or moan about another game isn't really welcome. If you wanted to come here and say hi to some old friends or to brag about your guilds new take down of "X-Mob_01" then by all means lets hear about it.

If someone comes here to complain about the way you guys are handling your WoW guild... then im all for locking the thread. I am sure the drama wasn't welcome on your forums and it probably isn't too welcome here.

Heck, we have our own to deal with =)

Now. . . lets all have fun.

Hey, have you WoW ers heard about living legacy and you can play EQ for free untill July 31st ? ...../flee

No fear, no doubt....All in, balls out

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

Thynian wrote:My personal take on this is that this is a forum for discussing other games and having fun while doing it. Coming here to bitch or moan about another game isn't really welcome. If you wanted to come here and say hi to some old friends or to brag about your guilds new take down of "X-Mob_01" then by all means lets hear about it.

If someone comes here to complain about the way you guys are handling your WoW guild... then im all for locking the thread. I am sure the drama wasn't welcome on your forums and it probably isn't too welcome here.
I completely agree. Locking it probably should've been (and even more so by this point) the appropriate course of action. I guess I feel that I've made some friendships in MLF that transcend an EQ-only-circle and was a little alarmed at the response. If we can continue this forum for the purpose you described, that'd be fantastic. I apologize if I stirred something up (more than it already was).
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

HI all!

Yeah, I am playing WoW for the moment. I miss EQ sometimes. I mostly miss the people I spent 5 years playing with in MLF. I love raiding with y'all.
I just couldn't stay up that late doing it any longer. I might play for 2 hours a night when I do play. However, I log off by 9 pm usually. 10 pm latest.

LFG in EQ is a bear anyway you put it. Trying to gain the next 5 levels with my play times would have been exasperating to say the least. I decided having 3 accounts active to get anything accomplished just couldn't happen any longer.

Especially now that I have a new Harley to pay for :).

My nephew and my 2 boss's were playing WoW. My nephew was going off to college ( we are very close) and brought me the game the day he was leaving. I tried it.
Is it challenging? Not as much as EQ in the every day leveling.
The raids are though.

With my available play times it was perfect. I could level, get armor upgrades , make other gains solo.

What I do the most and like best is PvP. Battlegrounds and arena. Since I started last fall I have killed almost 18000 horde :) on the Hunter alone. PvP is a huge challenge and has a very large learning curve.
Who would have thunk that I'd love PvP! heh heh. With my easy going disposition and all, lmao.

I am an officer in both guilds I am in on the Arygos server.
Good luck getting me involved in any politics though!

Games are for fun. When they become not fun, time to change games or whatever situation causing to not be fun.

Anyway, I miss you all. Wish I had more time to be able to play EQ with you all.

MY characters are

Davnish- 70 Survival hunter. PvP officer, Alt F Four guild, Arygos server.
Balroz- 67 Affliction Warlock ( I made a caster!), Dragons Bane guild, Arygos server.

You all are kicking butt. Grats on that!
Luiigi

Post by Luiigi »

Elaara is my RL cousin and definately not a girl. Shh don't tell him i said so :P
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

Still playing. Sporadic though. Raid weekends.

This weekend I am moving back to Traverse City. Can I just throw everything in the dumpster and just move the Harley? It's a thought anyway :lol:

Oh yeah, I am now the GL. :twisted:

We have some good people. Helpful, friendly, drama free.