Popping in to say hello

This is the place to discuss all those "other" non EQ1 related games. ie EQ2, WoW, VG and all the other evils! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Eweni

Popping in to say hello

Post by Eweni »

/waves and hugs all around

Finally made a few minutes to stop in and say hello, and as I promised Lia some pictures to look at, I figured I'd link them for anyone interested. We've been up to the usual things, with perhaps a little less gaming than normal. A new restaurant/bar opened up a short drive from our place that has 85 beers on tap and awesome food (and they aren't 85 crappy beers...no offense to you Miller Lt drinkers :twisted:), along with specialty menus that change every month. The staff probably thinks that neither of us can cook, and it should only be another month or so before we walk in to cheers of 'Zach!' and 'Julie!' much like the 'Norm!' greetings from Cheers. :lol:

I think most of you know we've been playing Vanguard, and while I can't speak for Kin, the only thing I miss about EQ is the MLF family. I felt like the Devs kept pushing in directions I didn't want to see EQ go, and it lost a lot of appeal to me when it truly started to feel like my 'free time' needed to be spent keeping up in some way or another. I'm what I'd call an MMO 'sightseer'--it's all about the journey to me, not any sort of endpoint, and I care little about milestones along the way. I've always hated factioning and progression, and SOE has put great effort into developing EQ's direction around both of those things. It's still a great game, but I slapped the retired tag on E for a reason. (That was a hard thing to do--MT/EM has been my online friends and family for 5 years.)

So, with all that said, consider these a few postcards sent back home...

Vanguard's been out a little over a year, and it still has it's share of bugs. The worst ones tend to get addressed fairly quickly in Dev time, and the game runs so much smoother than it did a year ago. (It's still a beast of a game, and required updates to my machine that EQ likely would never have ever needed.) This bug in particular amuses me every time I see it..... Sometimes it's heads instead of fingers, but I wonder where they found all these rubber npcs.

Kin's main, ironically enough, is a paladin (although they are considered by many to be the best 'tanking' class in VG). Here's the obligatory screenie of him with his unicorn ...but in this case, it's not a class specific mount. Anyone of the appropriate level who wants to quest one can.

After a significant time investment in tradeskilling, I finally managed to finish my house! It's on Kojan (the Asian-inspired continent), and with the exception of the tailored window treatments, I made everything myself. Still working on the creative indoor decor though. ;)

Speaking of houses, Kin's slackness finally picked out a plot for his in some mountains where it seems to always snow. The small size isn't good enough, so he's having wait patiently for me to get around to skilling up a few more levels. The construction is going well so far, but he's having to stand guard a lot to keep the looters at bay! (really a joke-- no one can steal your housing stuff unless you let them.)

And while I'm talking about tradeskilling, Kin's actually gotten into the act...after quite a few hours in the workshop, and many trees later, he made me my very own sloop! The tiny white text says the boat's named 'The Screaming Eel'...only because I didn't think SOE would approve the first choice the name generator gave me...'Davy Jones' Whore'. :twisted:

Every so often I run into a piece of lore or a quest line that makes me laugh out loud.

Throughout my EQ days, I spent many an hour trying to figure out how to get to the right platform or building in the trees in Kelethin... I still have that problem these days, but there aren't any lifts with roaming orcs nearby. (I play with my settings on low for functionality-- this doesn't begin to do the details justice.)

I'm glad to see you all are progressing (though it's no surprise--the best people on EM call this guild home), and congrats are due on the Performer win--- that is no small feat! ;) Good Luck with FC, and may all the TSS factioning go quickly and the bosses die frequently. :D

/big hugs and Safe Travels!

~Ewwww
Radala Zephyrider
Shaman of Hayatet on Seradon

Eweni En`Fuego
80th Enchantress
(Retired)
Eweni

Re: Popping in to say hello

Post by Eweni »

Wow...that might have been a new record for relocating a post.
Radala Zephyrider
Shaman of Hayatet on Seradon

Eweni En`Fuego
80th Enchantress
(Retired)
casiopia

Post by casiopia »

Miss you Eweni but can understand completely. sounds like you are having fun tho and that is all that matters. /hugs
Euan
Sherlock Holmes
nomorespam: 22

Post by Euan »

Nah, I can do better :twisted:

Sad to see the retired tag, but it does sound like you're having fun over in VG. That's what folks come to this forum for - good info on other games. I'm resisting VG for now. Mages are in a good place right now, so I want to enjoy the return on my invested time :)
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.
Ulinki
nomorespam: 0

Post by Ulinki »

/wave Eweni :)
Kifael
nomorespam: 0

Post by Kifael »

An Eweni AND Ulinki sighting in the same post!

Incredible.