So, Star Wars next week?

This is the place to discuss all those "other" non EQ1 related games. ie EQ2, WoW, VG and all the other evils! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Ketharyl
nomorespam: 0

So, Star Wars next week?

Post by Ketharyl »

I don't suppose anyone plays/played Star Wars Galaxies? I recently reactivated my acct there. It has changed drasticly in the last few years, no more skill trees, down to 9 standard classes and a flat level progression. But it is still Star Wars. And in the last 2 weeks that I have been mostly absent from EQ (/hides) I've gotten a Jedi to level 47. Had to relearn how to fight with my Bounty Hunter, but he can solo Krayt Dragon Ancients now. :)
You can have 2 chars per server now, even without the old force sensitive slot opened. I'm on Valcyn if you want to look me up. Szordrin is my BH, and Evandriel is my Jedi.

And no, I'm not leaving EQ, just needed a little break. :P
Ketharyl Lichbane
Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Post by Zzzapp »

I have not tried this game yet. It might be because, I was thinking it was following a set movie, and already had a predetermined outcome, and players just had to follow a script. Thus I shyed away from it. I know its based on the movie, but how is it different?
Zzzapp
Romelus
nomorespam: 0

Post by Romelus »

It's mainly based on the SW universe, not necessarily on the scripting of the movie and from what experience I have had it's very open ended. You can associate yourself with either the Rebel, Imperial, or Smuggler factions if you decide to go into space and each planet is quite large with plenty of quests and npcs to deal with.
The lunatic formerly known as Darkreaper Romelus
Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

The timeframe is in between ANH and ESB if I remember correctly. I played it at release for a short time and then again for a shorter time when they revamped everything. To be honest, I liked it the way it was before the update. But even then they made some things more complicated than it needed to be. And I've never liked the user interface. It's sad when a Star Wars geek can't talk himself into playing a Star Wars game. :(
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned