DDO - Warning, large picture

This is the place to discuss all those "other" non EQ1 related games. ie EQ2, WoW, VG and all the other evils! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Vamania
nomorespam: 0

DDO - Warning, large picture

Post by Vamania »

Cotton-candy pink neon just seemed like a paladin color...

I still think the number one problem is the forced grouping, but the fact that you can't see your armor before you buy it is a close second. :P
Retired (least for now)
Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

Yeah, I like the game. But I've been spoiled by WoW's ability to solo most things that spending hours finding people that have a clue to get a quest done just doesn't have the appeal it used to. :P
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned
Holthiniel

Post by Holthiniel »

There's a free 7 day trial for DDO including software at the moment. So, anyone can find out first hand if it sucks or not.

They addressed the forced grouping thing by adding a ton of solo missions for lesser but none-the-less decent rewards.

I've only been playing it for a couple of days, and already it seems about as intelligent and interersting as WoW, better in some ways, worse in others.

The biggest knock against for people is the low level cap, but that's a D&D staple, and imporving your character sheet goes far deeper than experience by killing the same crap over and over.

Good game thus far.
Vamania

Post by Vamania »

Seen the ads about the solo content.. been thinking about trying it again. It was pretty good, when you could find a group.. just absolutly needing a group was a killer though with my odd play hours.
Retired (least for now)
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

I did beta, hated the game after a few hours playing. It seemed, so repetitious and hack and slash was fun, but got old. Everyone racing to loot the next drop, got old too. Any of that change?
... like a speeding car with jammed door locks, cut brake lines, a dead steering wheel, and air vents that pump nitrous oxide. Everyone is dimly aware the country is heading for the edge of a cliff, but no one can muster the energy to search for alternatives.
CLICK ME
ME TOO!
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!
Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

Holthiniel wrote:There's a free 7 day trial for DDO including software at the moment. So, anyone can find out first hand if it sucks or not.

They addressed the forced grouping thing by adding a ton of solo missions for lesser but none-the-less decent rewards.

I've only been playing it for a couple of days, and already it seems about as intelligent and interersting as WoW, better in some ways, worse in others.

The biggest knock against for people is the low level cap, but that's a D&D staple, and imporving your character sheet goes far deeper than experience by killing the same crap over and over.

Good game thus far.
Hmm, I may have to reload it and see.
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned
Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Post by Zzzapp »

I like the fact that everone in group got at least something from the treasure / loot. To many times mobs drop 1 loot item and everyone wants it.
Zzzapp