A forum to track Epic Quest progress.

Moderator: BatMonk

Romelus
nomorespam: 0

Innorruuk's Voice walkthrough & checklist

Post by Romelus »

If you have Innoruuk's Curse (epic 1.0) or have completed the pre-quest:

Beginning

Sienn Kastane may be found inside a building in the Plane of Knowledge on the evil side at -885, +230.

You say, 'Hail, Sienn Kastane'

Sienn Kastane says 'You. You are the one I have seen in my visions.' Sienn removes a dark blade from a scabbard. I have just obtained this sword from one of my apprentices. This blade may be the key to the very existence of the shadowknight. Are you familiar with what has [been transpiring]?'

You say, 'What has been transpiring?'

Sienn Kastane places her hands upon your forehead. A gravelly voice that is clearly not Sienn's fills your mind. 'Do you feel it? I am sure you do. Innoruuk's voice is so distant now. His voice is merely a whisper. This disturbs me greatly. How will the evil ones do their master's bidding without his dark guidance? I fear the end is almost near for true champions of darkness such as yourself. We cannot let that happen! I believe I know of a way to slow down the diminishing of our master's voice. There is a sword of great evil. It is however not of this world. I believe I can summon it to this plane of existence, but I will need several [items] first. . .' The voice ends. 'That was the voice of Ritald, a luggald in the service of the dark lord, Innoruuk.'

You say, 'What items?'

Sienn Kastane says 'Your first task is to find me a tome. The sword has told me of a tome that details its history. I do not know where this tome might be, but I suggest you talk to Grand Librarian Maelin here in the Plane of Knowledge. He may have more information of this tome. When you find it, return it to me.'

The Bet

Grand Librarian Maelin may be found at the top of the tower in the Library of Knowledge.

You say, 'What tome?'

Grand Librarian Maelin says 'Yes, I seem to recall having such a tome. But evil it is. I don't hand out such dangerous knowledge to just anyone. However. . . I am curious about something and perhaps you can help me. A prominent professor of biology and I have a bet as to how a certain creature from the Realm of Discord, known as a murkglider breeds. He believes they give live birth, and I believe they are egg layers. Unfortunately, I have been so busy here, that I have not been able to make arrangements to travel there and observe the creatures more. If you could travel to the Realm of Discord and [find an egg] for me, I will give you the book you seek.'

You say, 'Find an egg?'

Grand Librarian Maelin says 'I appreciate your help with this! The creature I was supposed to study are most commonly known as murkgliders. The easiest way to describe them is that they look like large, floating octopuses. See if you can hunt down any breeding murkgliders and return an egg to me that I can study. You might want to bring some companions along, as this might be a dangerous task.'

Head to the Ruined City of Dranik and bring a raid. In the southwest corner of the zone there is a tunnel system, including two rooms full of murkgliders. In the northernmost room, find "a murkglider creeper" or "a murkglider swarmer." If you are lucky, you may be find a Murkglider Breeder at -770, +890, which hits for 900, procs Tentacle Snap, and spawns 6 x level 66 Murkglider Spawn (need exact name) during the fight. The spawn are magic resistant but easily mezzable, and the breeder is possibly one-groupable (need confirmation). Loot A Gelatinous Murkglider Egg (can a chest spawn?). Bring this back to Maelin.

Grand Librarian Maelin says 'I knew they were egg-layers! Ha, this is one gnome who hates losing a bet and thanks to you I wont! This is the tome you seek. Please bring it back to me when you are done.'

You receive a book called The Silent Gods (no text).

The Sheath

Bring the book to Sienn.

Sienn Kastane says 'You have done well in acquiring this tome.' Sienn opens the tome and begins to read. 'It says that a sheath must be created to protect the sword. Unfortunately the instructions for making this sheath are a bit unclear. The only clues given to the items needed are, to gather a dark hide of a creature unmatched in its bleakness, a holy lock of hair from a fair creature unmatched in happiness, and a gem possessing the very essence of fear itself, held by a creature more fearsome. If you find these three items, combine them in a sewing kit and then hand the sheath to me. I await your return.'

The first item is a Gloom Nightmare Hide, from "a gloom nightmare" in the Plane of Nightmare. Easily single-groupable.

The second item is a Lock of Blessed Unicorn Hair, from "a rolling plains steed" in the Plane of Growth. Highly magic-resistant, but also single-groupable.

The third item is an Eye of the Dark God, from Amygdalan knights and warriors in the Plane of Fear. Single-groupable, although you may need a raid to break into the plane itself.

Combine the three items in a sewing kit or loom to craft a Sheath of Darktidings (minimum skill required 100, need trivial).

No More Frogs, a.k.a. Trolls' Revenge

Give the sheath to Sienn.

Sienn Kastane says 'I admit that I did not think you could accomplish this task. Perhaps you really are meant to be the sword's champion. Our work here is not done however. There are those that wish the sword to be destroyed. One of these beings is a froglok paladin named Fraga. He was last seen in the Plane of Valor. Kill him and bring me any clues as to what his plans may be.'

Fraga may be found at the camp of tents near the graveyard in the Plane of Valor. He is slowable, is immune to changes in runspeed, rampages, quads for 2.8k, i.e., bring some friends. Once he's dead, loot Fraga's Parchment.

Blood and Rune

Give the parchment to Sienn.

Sienn Kastane begins to read the parchment. A worried look plays across her face. 'The weapon is not safe. The forces of good strongly wish to have it destroyed. To make matters worse, the sword is emanating hate that can be felt by powerful beings, both good and evil, across all planes of existence. As it stands right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the forces of good are converging to have the sword destroyed and the forces of evil are conniving to take the sword for themselves. It is only a matter of time before they locate the sword and come for it themselves. I have been studying the tome while you were gone. The tome describes a way to [mask the sword's presence].'

You say, 'Mask the sword's presence?'

Sienn Kastane says 'In the Plane of Nightmare, there dwells a banshee known as the Wailing Sister. In her possession is a rune of great power. The sword's hatred has awoken from a deep slumber. The rune however is only part of what will be needed to help mask the sword's hatred. The rune is inactive until combined with the Wailing Sister's blood. Recover the rune and a sample of her blood and return them to me.'

Locate The Wailing Sister in the Plane of Nightmare. She paths near the Hobgoblin camp (/loc needed).

You say, 'Hail, The Wailing Sister'

The Wailing Sister wails loudly in agony!

She attacks. She hits for 900 and procs Cloud of Fear. Single-groupable. Once she's dead, loot a Wailing Rune and Wailing Sister Blood. Bring these back to Sienn:

Sienn Kastane pours the blood on the rune. The rune begins to glow a bright red color and a horrifying wail fills your ears. 'The rune has been activated.' Sienn holds the rune against the sheath you created earlier. The rune instantaneously melts into the sheath. 'The sword is safe for now, but I think it should be moved just in case. Do not lose the sheathed sword. If you do lose it somehow, come back to me and tell me you lost it and I will attempt to make you another one. I only have enough left of the items you brought me to make you one more though. Now, take the sword to a servant of mine, named Gilina Yilzior, here in the Plane of Knowledge. She is very knowledgeable and should be able to help you further.'

You receive (the first version of) Sheathed Innoruuk's Voice.

Hunt the Shadowknights

Locate Gilina Yilzior at -665, +1025 in the Plane of Knowledge and give her the Sheathed Innoruuk's Voice.

Gilina Yilzior looks at you with a cold stare. 'The time has come. I have heard the dark blade's whispers. It wants to find a master, but before that can become a reality, a test must be passed. There are four other shadowknights who wish to become the sword's wielder. If you are up for the challenge, then seek out Silithis Sisnta in the Timorous Deep, Gubblegrot Smashfist in the Ocean of Tears, Skurza Slicekutt in the Swamp of No Hope, and Giligatabbus Igglebix in Iceclad Ocean. Return their heads to me and we shall see if the sword is satisfied with your progress.'

To "activate" each shadowknight, simply hail them.

Silithis Sisnta is an iksar in the Timorous Deep (/loc needed). She quads for 1170, is unsnareable, summons, and procs Blood Cloud. Loot Silithis's Head.

Gubblegrot Smashfist is an ogre at -3505, -1220 in the Ocean of Tears (confirmation of /loc needed). He quads for 1170, is unsnareable, and procs Shadow Breath. Loot Gubblegrot's Head.

Skurza Slicekutt is a troll in the Swamp of No Hope (/loc needed). He quads for 1170, is unsnareable, summons, is slowable, and procs Deadly Lifetap. Loot Skurza's Head.

Giligatabbus Igglebix is a gnome at 1100, -2700 in the Iceclad Ocean. This is on the 8th iceberg in the line that stretches away to the south and east of the docks. He quads for 1170, is snareable, can be feared, and does not summon. Loot Giligatabbus's Head.

Paladin Blood

Bring all four heads back to Gilina.

Gilina Yilzior says 'I can sense that the sword is pleased with your progress. However there is another task it wishes you to perform. I have learned through a contact of mine, that there is to be a ceremony in Kithicor Woods. Several paladins will be converging there to try to cleanse the undead from the forest, once and for all. The blade thirsts for the blood of these paladins. Before the blade will allow you to become its champion, you must kill as many of these paladins as you can, and bring me three samples of their blood. Take the Sheathed Innoruuk's Voice back and when you have three samples of paladin's blood, hand them to me along with the Sheathed Innoruuk's Voice so that I may perform the ceremony to sate the blade's thirst. Go now and find my contact in Kithicor. His name is Tarnamil. Take the sword back for safe keeping.'

You receive (a different version of) Sheathed Innoruuk's Voice.

Tarnamil is a green /con skeleton in Kithicor Forest at +575, +1665 (only at night?).

You say, 'Hail, Tarnamil'

Tarnamil says 'The paladins are coming from the west, my lord. The come to destroy the dead that walk at night. Already, the undead generals plot their demise, but they are powerful. They approach soon. I am getting out of here.'

At this point, six paladins spawn to the west of you: Uglib Gaibido (froglok), Xotmidd Ferlop (froglok), Jarnig Kilanid (human), Valinda Erginton (human), Tilminos Farondi (erudite), Shressa Farondi (erudite). Buff up and walk toward Tarnamil's spawn point, then sit down in a ring. You can pet pull three. Max hit is around 800. Loot 3 x Paladin Blood Sample.

Templar Fight

Head back to the Plane of Knowledge and give all three Paladin Blood Samples and the Sheathed Innoruuk's Voice to Gilina.

Gilina Yilzior says 'Well done.' Gilina takes the blood samples starts to pour them onto the blade of Innoruuk's Voice. The blade appears to become super-heated as the blood drops trickle down its surface. A thick black smoke begins to waft from the blade. 'The blade is now complete. Before I give the blade to you there is something else you must do. A mighty templar named Sir Elmonious Falmont has heard of your crimes against the paladins and seeks revenge. It is important that we let none get in the way of our goals. As we speak, he is making his way from the Western Wastes in the continent of Velious to kill us. Destroy him and return his holy symbol to me.'

Bring a raid to the Western Wastes. Sir Elmonious Falmont may be found northwest of the zone-at -3200, -2300.

You say, 'Hail, Sir Elmonious Falmont'

Sir Elmonious Falmont says 'I knew you would come. You will soon learn that evil does not pay!'

He attacks. He is a paladin, quads for 3500, procs Aura of Falmont once a minute and also procs Supernal Retribution. Loot Sir Elmonious's Holy Symbol. A chest (called what?) can spawn with additional gear after you loot the symbol. Bring the symbol back to Gilina.

Gilina Yilzior says 'You have performed well. The blade is yours to wield now, champion. You may be on your way, or stay to hear about a [vision] I recently had.'

You receive Innoruuk's Voice (the real weapon this time), a.k.a. shadowknight epic 1.5. You also receive 5 AAs and access to your new epic 1.5 title, Archfiend.

Checklist to keep track of progression:

[ ] A Gelatinous Murkglider Egg - Murkglider Breeder, RCoD
[ ] Gloom Nightmare Hide - Gloom Nightmare, Plane of Nightmare
[ ] Eye of the Dark God - Amygdalans in Plane of Fear
[ ] A Lock of Blessed Unicorn Hair - Rolling Plains Steed, Plane of Growth
[ ] Fraga's Parchment - Fraga, Plane of Valor
[ ] Wailing Rune/Wailing Sister Blood - The Wailing Sister, Plane of Nightmare
[ ] Silithis's Head - Silithis Sisnta, Timorous Deep
[ ] Gubblegrot's Head - Gubblegrot Smashfist, Ocean of Tears
[ ] Skurza's Head - Skurza Slicekutt, Swamp of No Hope
[ ] Giligatabbus's Heads - Giligatabbus Igglebix, Iceclad Ocean
[ ] Paladin Blood Sample x3