some info

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

kungapow

some info

Post by kungapow »

well found this browsing around and thought might be nice info to post as all have some sort of question hope this helps...
This comes up often enough (more so on the newer ones) that a sticky is probably good for it. I was debating if it should go in this forum or some other one, but for now atleast it's here, I'll keep it updated whenever people figure out other things they do (or have corrections to the formula) as well.

Heroic Str - This effect is supposed to increase your AC softcap and make you hit harder. The softcap increase is broken the last anyone has heard. The extra damage effect however works. It's a rather simple formula, H-Str/10 and that amount is added to each hit, damage modifiers however (crits, champion, etc) will not improve this damage.

Heroic Sta - Adds HP. Each point is worth what looks to be 15 HP, in addition to this however there is the +1 from the stat cap which will add a few more HP and varies by class. SK's end up with just over 18 HP per point in the end, at level 80.

Heroic Agi - Adds to Dodge, and supposedly Block (not shield block) fire rates and allows for the limit on fall damage before auto death to increase at an unknown rate. The formula on Dodge (and Block if that's true) is +.1% rate per point. The +1 Agi cap increase does very little however. While AC softcaps are determined by AGI, there's a 1/3 return softcap on AGI beginning at 200, and normal AGI itself hardcaps at 305 (235 real). Any increase to agility itself past this point, does absolutely nothing other than to increase your displayed (fake) AC by a rate of 18:1 and your displayed stats.

Heroic Dex - The boost is +.1% to Parry and Riposte rates (Block too most likely, but not shield block if agi isn't adding it), also the stat increase actually does something which is just above doing nothing. Your real dex stat is used as the base of determining your critical hit chance. It doesn't add a whole lot of additional dps in the grand scheme of things though, as the base is a very small portion of the overall chance. Each additional +1 normal dex is something on the order of a 0.0000000000023429% higher chance to crit per point. So as I said, it's better than doing nothing like an agility cap increase, but not by much.

Heroic Wis - If you use Wisdom for mana each point is worth 10 mana. In addition to this each point of Wis past 200 is worth 1/2 of the points below 200 and the formula for mana/point is a nice simple level/5. Which means each point of overcap gives you 7.5 mana at 75, 8 at 80, 8.5 at 85, and so on. You could also just think of it as level/10 at that point. So a grand total of 17.5, 18, 18.5, and so on mana per point depending on your level. It also adds to mana regen if you use Wisdom, 25:1 ratio. Does nothing if you're an Int caster or pure melee.

Heroic Int - See above, swap all spots where I said Wis with Int. Swap the one spot where I said int with wis.

Heroic Cha - Modifies faction both positive and negative. The effect this has on each faction is tied to the faction itself rather than to the mod. Currently it only affects SoF and later factions and the boost isn't much. Unlike most EQ math however having a 20% faction mod while you're getting 1 point of faction will actually give you 20% more faction rather than giving you 1 (1.2 truncated=1=no gain). I'm not entirely sure on how the coders accomplished this but I'm pretty sure it uses a random chance to give you an additional point of faction occasionally when the boost would simply truncate what you would normally have. SoF factions are boosted at a rate of 1% per 5 points, with a cap of I believe 100% (500 HCha). Since this is set by the faction however SOE can easily alter this to be either less or more on a particular faction, of course this also means people like me are going to have next to no chance of keeping track of it. SoD rates are unknown.

Shielding - Takes the DB portion of the mobs hit and removes an amount from it equal to the amount of shielding you have. Caps at 35%. If you don't know what a DB is, search around and you'll find it on this board or on google or something.

Spell Shield - Takes an amount of damage off a DD equal to the amount you have. Caps at 35%.

Dot Shield - See Spell Shield, replace DD with DoT.

Strikethrough - Lets you hit through a mobs Block/Parry/Riposte/Dodge chance. You don't get to hit through the accuracy check however so you can still miss. Caps at 35%

Stun Resist - Lets you avoid being stunned when a stunning blow will normally hit, the chance is equal to the amount you have. The first stun resist check is from AA's, which for Knights this caps at 80% meaning 20% of stuns make it through. Stun Resist is checked next and of that 20% that get through Stun Resist will catch an amount of them equal to how much SR you have. Stun Resist is coded differently from AA's however and skips channeling checks when it fires. If a stun hits you and SR catches it, you skip the channeling check and go right to casting the spell without interruption. AA stun resistances will still have a channeling check and depending on if it was a knockback stun or if a bash pushed you you'll pass it (channeling is always a 100% success now, the only ways to actually fail it are to be moving or have a stun hit you). Technically this means an AA stun resistance will lower your channeling rate while getting more SR will raise it but it doesn't really have any sort of meaningful impact on what you can do ingame so just treat it as preventing stuns. Caps at 35%.

Avoidance - Increases your Avoidance AC. Avoidance (and likely mitigation) softcap is altered by Agility (hardcap at 305 agi stat). Avoidance AC is determined by defense skill, level (possibly), avoidance AA's (softcap increasers), and this mod. Think of this as adding to avoidance ac just like armor adds to mitigation AC. Caps at 100.

Accuracy - Reduces your chance to miss. This makes it better for classes with lower melee skills like casters/priests than classes with higher melee skills. Spell given accuracy works this same way. The formula is 0.1*Amount*Miss rate. That's the accuracy gained. For example, if you have a 75% hit rate and 150 accuracy, you take .1*150*.25=3.75% gain. 75+3.75=78.75% hit rate. Each effect is additive. If you then had a spell given accuracy effect you would calculate it assuming a 21.25% miss rate. The result is that unless you get at least a 1000% mod in accuracy, you can't reach a 0% miss rate. The worn mod caps at 150.

Damage Shield Mitigation - Reduces the damage you take on a DS by the amount you have. No cap.

Clairvoyance - Has a 2% percent chance for you to get back mana equal to the amount of Clairvoyance you have when you cast spell that's within 5 levels of you, and possibly also requires the spell to be at least level 75 as well. This effectively makes each point worth an amount of mana equal to (.02*number of spells cast per minute)/6*amount. So if you cast 16 terrors per minute and nothing else, 100 points would have the same effect as 5 points of mana regen or on a per cast basis .02*amount. No cap.

Heal Amount - Variable gain per spell equal to the spell data itself (check Lucy, Kumbaja, or decipher the spell file for this info) at a rate of ((cast+recast)/7)*amount then truncate it. This heal can crit, but it might not get the benefit of heal mods and applies on direct heals/lifetaps only, not over time effects and cannot be focused. No cap on the mod, but the benefit cannot exceed 100% of the base spell unless the spell is a lifetap, then it can. Only works on spells within 5 levels of the player.

Spell Damage - Variable gain per spell equal to the spell data itself (check Lucy, Kumbaja, or decipher the spell file for this info) at a rate of ((cast+recast)/7)*amount then truncate it. This damage can crit, applies on dd's/lifetaps only, no dots and cannot be focused. No cap on the mod, but the benefit cannot exceed 100% of the base spell. Only works on spells within 5 levels of the player.
nomorespam: 0

Re: some info

Post by Annissa »

Very nice, Kunga. Thanks for the info.
Brialamin

Post by Brialamin »

Kungapow wrote:Heroic Wis - If you use Wisdom for mana each point is worth 10 mana. In addition to this each point of Wis past 200 is worth 1/2 of the points below 200 and the formula for mana/point is a nice simple level/5. Which means each point of overcap gives you 7.5 mana at 75, 8 at 80, 8.5 at 85, and so on. You could also just think of it as level/10 at that point. So a grand total of 17.5, 18, 18.5, and so on mana per point depending on your level. It also adds to mana regen if you use Wisdom, 25:1 ratio. Does nothing if you're an Int caster or pure melee.
Actually, I've done some calculations on Heroic Wis because I was curious of the actual increase. The amount gained from Heroic Wis for a cleric is a little more than 18.5 from the calculations I've done. I've seen increases to be from about 21.25 - 21.5. I'm not sure if this is for all Priests, but this is for clerics, as I've done small values of Heroic Wis and rather large values (up to +18) and have gotten about the same results every time.
Decimator Swinginsords Dayandnight of the Time Lords

"Always expect the best, but plan for the worst."
Widdal

Post by Widdal »

As far as i have been told or read, heroics also depend on what amount you have. For instance, (just theoretically speaking), if you were to have 40 of a heroic stat, you may only get 10 per heroic to a pool. If you had 80 to a heroic stat you get 18 or 20 etc. not 100% sure on that, always have been curious though. From what ive seen on my ranger i get about 19.5 hp per heroic sta at about 67 Hsta. what i base this one primarily.

Valix
nomorespam: 22

Post by Valix »

Awesome post Kunga. Thanks for the info.
Krrak

Post by Krrak »

I remember reading a couple of things by the devs about heroics, but it would take me a bit to find the links..

First - Heroic Charisma doesn't work the way they intended it to, it doesn't add to faction boosts in any appreciable amounts
Second - The Heroic stats get boosts every 11 (yes, 11 it's a weird number) points, so for the first 11 you get one amount - the next 11 boosts that amount and so on...

It's very hard for players to test that first one - as faction is a screwy system to begin with, but that second one should be testable, I just haven't taken the time to.
ImageImage
Brialamin

Post by Brialamin »

Bump for Sidara.
Decimator Swinginsords Dayandnight of the Time Lords

"Always expect the best, but plan for the worst."