You might be oldschool if..

This is the place for all those funny jokes, links, and general tomfoolery! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Re: You might be oldschool if..

Post by Zzzapp »

Aye, and doing those with about 3 or 4 diff chars to find which class you liked best.
Zzzapp
Satyrn
nomorespam: 22

Post by Satyrn »

ummm CAZEL!!!!!!!!

when Oasis of Marr was stil a zone...

Lockjaw Hide Vest FTW!
Aatelin

Post by Aatelin »

Killing the 2-4 guards outside a city to get to lvl 50

Farming belts in oot that sold for 1pp and some change per to save up to buy a uber flowing black robe!!!

lfg for hours inside guk get invite to lord and everyone has to leave 10 mins after you get there.

praying you make it PAST the specs just to reach the train infested pofear

exploring kunark with no map

Doing whatever it took to get a nec back into the zone to start corpse summoning on a raid wipe.

farming jboots in najena.
Aaidian
Pittsburgh Steelers #1 Fan
nomorespam: 0

Post by Aaidian »

Fighting with a non magical item, or trying to kick and not being able to because your boots werent magical
Torent

Post by Torent »

I have seen all them too but you forgot sitting for hrs waiting on boats or sitting and waiting for daytime so u could run throw Kithicor just to meet up with friends in EC.

I still keep a spare set of gear in the bank for corspe runs (dont ask me why)

dont forget ranger fear Kiting

oh and PS Taurii your too young to be old school, your only 13 remember
Torent 85th Season Ranger
Mystical Lightfighter
Erollisi Marr

...And I will execute great vengeance upon thee with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

From a rogue perspective:

Backstabbing for only 1 damage (SO embarassing!!!!!!).

When you weren't able to use hide and sneak at the same time.

Back in the first 3-4 months of EQ you didn't get a successful message when you tried to hide or sneak. Died numerous times when I hit hide thinking I was hidden, only to come back after a bio to find myself at my bind.

Having an actual printout of every original, Kunark and Velios zone (I should have bound mine).

Porting into Wakening Lands only to have Woushi eat you and the kind druid/wizard that ported you.

Having the 10th ring War interrupt your experience group in the Great Divide/screw up your ability to sell your VL loot in Thurgadin so you can get back to your group (since you told them you'd be only gone 5 mins!).

The Kromrif Death Squad was terrifying!

Taking the boat from Oasis and running across Iceclad to get to a group offer in VL.

Ghoulbane camps in Upper Guk.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Gentlemen Assassin, Nightblade.
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

And the little used alter egos' Durdend and Iluweyen
Darkenr

Post by Darkenr »

Aatelin wrote: farming jboots in najena.
hmm don't you mean farming the ancient cyclops for the jboots quest in Southern Ro? The Najena drop is the fabled jboots, which I don't really consider fabled mobs "oldschool" personally hehe.
Dawgrin
nomorespam: 0

Post by Dawgrin »

Darkenr wrote:hmm don't you mean farming the ancient cyclops for the jboots quest in Southern Ro? The Najena drop is the fabled jboots, which I don't really consider fabled mobs "oldschool" personally hehe.
Hehe this is a sign that you are not old school...=p

(The quest to get the boots from hasten in Rathe Mountains was put in later, originally, way way back, the boots dropped from the same person who the fabled boots now drop from in Najena, hence why they drop from her and not from the fabled AC...=))
Darkenr

Post by Darkenr »

Dawgrin wrote:
Darkenr wrote:hmm don't you mean farming the ancient cyclops for the jboots quest in Southern Ro? The Najena drop is the fabled jboots, which I don't really consider fabled mobs "oldschool" personally hehe.
Hehe this is a sign that you are not old school...=p

(The quest to get the boots from hasten in Rathe Mountains was put in later, originally, way way back, the boots dropped from the same person who the fabled boots now drop from in Najena, hence why they drop from her and not from the fabled AC...=))
OHH yea! .... I do remember that now, holy crap I can't believe I forgot something so important! And no, it's not a sign that I'm not oldschool, just proves a lapse in memory of the original origin of the jboots... yes I am old school, I just completely forgot about that. I started back in 99/00 hehe :) I think I have that proven from my screenshots I posted in the pictures section of some really old screenshots. /bow I do stand corrected though hehe! ^.^