Dirty 4 Letter Word

A collection of RL and in-game pictures. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Annissa
nomorespam: 0

Re: Dirty 4 Letter Word

Post by Annissa »

Same here, Taurii. If it snows, schools shut down and people drive and have accidents all over the place.. The drivers here are nuts. They don't know how to drive in slippery conditions. I stay off the streets in ice. I hate the sliding feeling. And cold... well all my muscles tighten up when I shiver and I hate that. I don't have the heavy clothes needed for cold weather, just a lightweight jacket that I wear during the cool weather we normally have.
Shrunk
nomorespam: 22

Post by Shrunk »

That's just a dusting to us. I'll get you a picture in February. The strange thing is that it was in the 60's yesterday.
Darkenr

Post by Darkenr »

Annissa wrote:Sorry, but that just looks too cold. I'm glad I'm in the South... at least we only get a small amount of that white stuff.. when we get it at all. Christmas?? That's supposed to be warm enough for the kids to go outside and enjoy their bikes and other new toys without freezing.
Bah, that just sounds so boring! We have all spring and summer to go on bikes and other summer toys. I think it's supposed to be cold enough and with enough snow where kids go outside and enjoy snowmobiling, playing in the snow, making snow forts, having snowball fights, making snow angels, sledding, skiing, and building snowmen!!! Now that's fun!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

I guess it's all in what the norm is for you and how you grow up. It's always been the same for me.. every year. Nice mild weather for Christmas so travel is easy and comfortable.. and cold happens in Jan and Feb.
Darkenr

Post by Darkenr »

Annissa wrote:I guess it's all in what the norm is for you and how you grow up. It's always been the same for me.. every year. Nice mild weather for Christmas so travel is easy and comfortable.. and cold happens in Jan and Feb.
Heh yah, that would be a nice change every once in a while I haveta admit, but for me that'd be more of a once every 5-10 years I wouldn't mind a mild xmas with decent warm weather personally. :) I'm sure you probably wouldn't mind at least seeing a full blown white xmas with being able to take in all of the above from my last post at some point just to experience it eh? Maybe not, but *shrug* hehe :wink:
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

hahahahaha nah. I'll just watch White Christmas and some other movies with snow. I'm just not too crazy about the cold at all.
Piaresquared

Post by Piaresquared »

The winter and I have a weird relationship. I love it to death...except when my car doesn't have a heater...then...I'm not so keen. But yes, I love snow, too...I just (as mentioned) don't like the ice! Well...ice on lakes and stuff can look pretty...maybe we just need heated roads!
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

Piaresquared wrote:The winter and I have a weird relationship. I love it to death...except when my car doesn't have a heater...then...I'm not so keen. But yes, I love snow, too...I just (as mentioned) don't like the ice! Well...ice on lakes and stuff can look pretty...maybe we just need heated roads!
or hover cars :D
Darkenr

Post by Darkenr »

Piaresquared wrote:The winter and I have a weird relationship. I love it to death...except when my car doesn't have a heater...then...I'm not so keen. But yes, I love snow, too...I just (as mentioned) don't like the ice! Well...ice on lakes and stuff can look pretty...maybe we just need heated roads!
Speaking of frozen lakes...We had a Brazilian exchange student one time back when I was in high school, and we talked him into allowing us to bring him onto a frozen lake for his first experience ice fishing. It was rather amusing. He was so paranoid that he was talking about wimping out as we were driving out there ..... so ..... we just didn't tell him when we pulled onto the lake hehe!!

Should have seen his face when he started seeing people ice fishing and realized we were already on the lake. I've never seen someone study the what a vehicle was driving on so intently before in my life. :lol:
sitasha

Post by sitasha »

I have lived in Virginia for past 10 years and 02 Snowstorm is the worst one I have ever seen, and I grew up in Minnesota and Montana. But since that snow storm, really havent seen a lot till I went back to Montana last spring, where i got my fill of it rather quickly.
As I get older, the injuries of my youth now tell me its about to be damp, add cold in there and its the aspirin bottle and joint cream. So I can do with out it. Do like to see it, just dont like the effects it has on me anymore.
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

The one thing snow really screws up is pond hockey! I HATED shoveling the ice so we could get a decent surface to play on.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Gentlemen Assassin, Nightblade.
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

And the little used alter egos' Durdend and Iluweyen
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

Is it still safe to eat snow ice cream? My mother used to make that when we would have a big snow. We sooo looked forward to her creation. :D
Shrunk

Post by Shrunk »

I wouldn't suggest eating the lemon flavor or the chocolate for that matter.
Nulianae

Post by Nulianae »

Supposed to hit 70 by next week, I'll think of you as I am drinking my coffee out on my deck..............

Nuli
To start press any key.... where the hell is the any key?
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

Sounds really good, Nuli. :D