Been semi afk

Moderator: BatMonk

Nannwin
Of course I could be totally wrong and be talking out of my ass too so your mileage may vary

Been semi afk

Post by Nannwin »

I know this isn't the best way to get broken into a new family but I have been sick for about a month off and on now. Most of you may not be aware that I am a diabetic and when I get a cold or flu or just a general bug, it screws with my blood sugar and makes it hard to regulate the swings up and down. I have made <in my mind at least =) > a valiante effort to atend raids even though I have felt like dying.

What this all boils down to is this..... I am very sorry I missed Vish's attempt last night and I will try to mae tonights Hatchet but I offer no promises as last night was a very bad night for me. I DO however promise to be on more in the coming weeks and I hope to be back tofull strength very soon. I tell ya, it sucks to be a sick disabled person with 2 teen age boys lol.

Anywho this isn't a post for condolences or pity =) this is just an explanation as to why I have been semi absent recently and I hope to be back to my old self very soon.

Hopefully see yas tonight
Thynian / Cliff

No fear, no doubt....All in, balls out

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Jorrell
Guild Leader
nomorespam: 0

Re: Been semi afk

Post by Jorrell »

Take care of yourself first and foremost, Thynian. I had to take a break last night as well, but my excuse of not getting enough sleep and having it catch up to me pales in comparison to what you were going through. MLF is family (in pixel form) and you're part of that family now which means no apologies are needed.

We actually have a few people in the guild that are diabetics; and while I'm not a diabetic, I do have an appreciation for what you have to deal with on a daily basis not to mention when you've got a cold on top of it. Rest up and get back to having fun with us when you can.

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Re: Been semi afk

Post by Zzzapp »

My mom is a firm believer in natural preventatives. Both her sisters were diabetic, but she is not. She is 67, and has been in good health most of the time. She takes a teaspoon of cinamen a day. She had a friend that worked with her,( when she worked at wall mart) who was also diabetic. She told him of the idea, and used it. He got better, but then his doctor found out and told him to stop taking it and go back to the insulin. He got worse. Just some info, for those who dont always agree with the doctors. I havent seen a doctor in years.
Zzzapp