Where have all the good times gone?

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Leiph

Re: Where have all the good times gone?

Post by Leiph »

Pfft, just like Vhael to glomp and run.

Get back here and run some hedge events!
Vhaelrun

Post by Vhaelrun »

I am not running much online recently, Visner can probably attest to that. I broke my left hand in a car crash on Labor day. Beyond that, I've been working OT, often Saturdays and Sundays so not much time at all for gaming.

I will say, as I've watched the kids play and interact with people online, I consider their time in MLF invaluable. due I think, to the higher standards of behavior, they are SO much better behaved than the average kids. They even started running their own raids. They needed a place to where you could see adults interacting that was in contrast to their home life and they got it. Thank you all for that <3

Mushy stuff aside. Why are J and Leiph cross-dressing in their avatars? Apparently someone is having a good time somewhere around here. o.O
Euan
Sherlock Holmes
nomorespam: 22

Post by Euan »

I may *cough* have had something to do with the avatar upgrades.

Come back Vhael, I'll find one for you too :)
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.
Holthiniel
nomorespam: 0

Post by Holthiniel »

Kitch and I talk about the old days all the time. We will always miss Everquest and MLF. Getting away from this guild was a heartbreaking experience for both of us. You two were a huge part of what kept me around even when the stress started to outweigh the fun, especially towards the end of my time in EQ. Outside of leaving the way I did, and acting like a complete jackass to people who didn't deserve it, my biggest regret is not being able to spend time with people who were so important to us so long ago. We've been left with soooo many fond memories though.

Getting to Time was huge, but beating RZTW the first time was easilly our biggest raiding moment back then. That was our 10th attempt, not counting the times we mobiliized for him and lost the spawn by a few minutes. If I remember right we were racing the now defunct EG back then. A few other guilds were still farming BoWs.
Anybody at that raid will attest to the feeling corresponding with that win. I remember my sister and her family was over that night and they barged into my room to talk to me right as RZTW dropped to 1%. I was fist pumping and shouting until they left, and had to explain the situation afterwards. That was literally the only win that ever caused me to lose it. It was an awesome feeling. Grouping in Earth afterwards was equally awesome. The last time I logged into EQ before cancelling my account about a year ago, I was soloing trash for a few minutes in Earth and that RZTW raid was the first memory that popped into my head...probably my last memory while logged into EQ.

In general I think my fondest memories of MLF will always be the corpse runs, ironically. Before the advent of graveyards, we wiped hard, many times, in very bad places like Chardok...Fear and Hate pre-ravamp, NToV. In all those situations people were extremely helpful and friendly. I think those moments really brought out the best in people, which was a purely unique thing about this guild.

Mostly I miss the all nighters with Kitch during the LDoN era. We were just getting to know eachother online back then and were starting to become inseparable in-game. I still had absolutely no idea I'd fall crazy in love with her the second I met her in real life. In addition, during that time I opened up to a lot of folks in the guild and started building friendships that lasted for years, until I quit playing.

Though the friendships may have subsided, and we've both fallen out of touch with you folks, we will always think very fondly of you and the countless hours we spent together. You really were a family to us, in both the good and bad times. It was a hell of a ride :)
Dominiculus
nomorespam: 22

Post by Dominiculus »

Yooohooo Bro:D good to see your still reading the boards. Hope you and Kitch are doing well. Send Kitch a hug and and a kiss whenever I see her. You know this game is getting better and better. MLF is getting better and better ;) Why don't you and Kitch join in on the fun. ;)
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

I miss a lot of you also! Nanny, you and Feemee are at the top of the list. You also helped keep me sane when I was on the road! I really enjoyed talking to you on the phone! Love to you both!
Visner

Post by Visner »

Hi Bori! Good to see you still check in here! Was wondering if you would be around when I got back and was sad to see you weren't. Anyhow, hope life's going well for ya!
Image Image