My Experience With SOE Live Chat Help

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Piaresquared
nomorespam: 22

My Experience With SOE Live Chat Help

Post by Piaresquared »

I got Piare stuck in Brell's Rest and then EQ froze, and I was unable to log her in. I decided to try SOE's live chat troubleshooting help thingy, and the following is my discussion with the Technician. Bear in mind that I had a UF group patiently (and kindly) waiting for me to figure out how to get back in so we could run some progression. Note, I changed the technician name and my name.

SOE Technician: Hi, my name is SOE Technician. Please allow me a few moments to read your question.
Piaresquared: I just logged into the server selection screen again (just an FYI)
SOE Technician: What happens when you try to load the character?
Piaresquared: It goes to the loading screen and says "Loading Zone Files" but freezes there
SOE Technician: Sounds like you may just have something blocking the connection for that zone. You might want to go to the EQ directory and delete that zone file.
SOE Technician.: or I can try moving them from the zone and see if that gets you in
Piaresquared: alright, maybe we could do both.
Piaresquared: how do I delete the zone file?
SOE Technician: You would need to find where the zone files are, should be in the Packs folder if I remember.
SOE Technician: Then just scroll through the files until you see it
Piaresquared: brellsrest.zon?
SOE Technician: That would be the one.
SOE Technician: What's your characters name & server?
Piaresquared: Piaresquared on Erolissi Marr
SOE Technician: Mind I try to move them?
Piaresquared: please do
SOE Technician: Okay I'm on the character, what would be the quickest way to leave the zone or portal out?
Piaresquared: probably use the "gate" aa or memorize gate and just port back to bind (guild lobby)
SOE Technician: Alright I've never really played the game fully, I have your spell book open with a green icon that says Gate, what should I do?
Piaresquared: dememorize any of the spells (for example "complete heal") by right clicking on it, then click on "gate" in the spell book and move it to the spell gem that you just cleared. Then close the spellbook and cast gate
SOE Technician: Okay go ahead and try to sign back in please in about 25 seconds
Piaresquared: alright, thank you
Piaresquared: I have logged in, I appreciate your assistance
SOE Technician: Excellent, do you have any other questions for us tonight?
Piaresquared: No, thank you

So I was in Guild Lobby, and took Guild Hall to Brell's Rest.
Where it froze again.
So...I just went in a deleated *everything* with the tag Brell's Rest in my Everquest Folder. That worked, and no more problems (maybe some of you would have known to do that in the first place).
Annij

Re: My Experience With SOE Live Chat Help

Post by Annij »

oh my goodness..

as a former guide, I can tell you you should have been told to delete every file with the zone name in it, not just the one... and to have never played the game is just sad.

pitiful.

Level 90 Magician
Mystical Lightfighters

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Zzzapp

Post by Zzzapp »

Last edited by Zzzapp on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zzzapp
Krrak
nomorespam: 0

Post by Krrak »

At the same time - you would think that Sony would "encourage" their GM's to play the game so that they can answer questions with more confidence.
ImageImage
reposto

Post by reposto »

Good stuff I like it when you say "Piaresquared: dememorize any of the spells (for example "complete heal") by right clicking on it, then click on "gate" in the spell book and move it to the spell gem that you just cleared. Then close the spellbook and cast gate"
Piaresquared

Post by Piaresquared »

Hmmm, maybe I ought to go apply for that job =P