<Calmly steps out of the shadows, eyeing everyone>

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

<Calmly steps out of the shadows, eyeing everyone>

Post by Guest »

Well well... I see you small ones just will not relent. I had you defeated once, until in your mischievous ways you tricked me and my Army of the Brood. I see you've achieved great deeds and feats of companionship and strength. I'm very happy, for it will make the true victory over you sweeter in the end <evil smirk>.

/rp off

Today, for no reason at all, I started thinking about all my old friends in MLF. I came to the boards and was amazed to STILL see folks I recognized... Bloodchiller, Domi, Plump, Chitz... wow you folks have like +20 EQ Stamina Regen <chuckles>. I'd love to know how and where Flint, Cammy, Zayur and Setash are off to, or if they are still around. If MLF is a vague shadow of what it was all the time I knew them, count yourselves very lucky.

I quit EQ about a year ago, I just couldn't do the time. I've played other games, ehh WoW, Guild Wars, and gonna try DDO. But I'm nowhere near hard core as I used to be. I have a day job as a help desk tech, and have other persuits that take up even more time. So I did a flip, and have very little time for games anymore. But I've learned one thing, every game I play I long for that "love" of playing a game. And I haven't had it since EQ early days... and I'm coming to find out that it's like your first time... nothing will ever be better <chuckles>. So I'll keep searching, but I feel like the 30 year old prom queen that's now washing dishes in the local diner :P

Ahhh but I digress, I'm very happy to see you all have done so well. /bow to each of you. And if you know where Zayur, Flint or any of the others are leave it in a reply :) Just like to have a summoned ale with 'em.

Post by Guest »

Bugger me, but it didn't let me use my username, which is....

DARKJAKEL
Raginfistz

Post by Raginfistz »

Hey stranger,long time no see.

Flint and Cammy are playing WoW,I haven't seen Zayur around much but Set slings mud in the politics section with the rest of those heathens sometimes. :wink:

I still play but not like i used too,i still manage to have fun most of the time but it's not like the old days.And i know what you mean,you can never go back.I feel like an old man in a rocking chair sometimes who tells stories of the past while the younger folks look at him bewildered but listen anyway to amuse him.

Glad to hear you're doing good,keep in touch.

Ragz/Rad
Darkjakel

Post by Darkjakel »

Woot Rags, the sexah (old) monk hah! We have some memories heh. You're right, we're like old veterans talking about war stories like anyone gives a damn anymore <chuckles> Great to hear from you :) Like the time I was part of Chitz's army invading Rivervale, or the RP war between my Iksar and the halflings of MLF (bet noone still around was there then!) or hell, the time a low level halfling named Jeol invited me (another low level halfling named Shortfoot) to a guild called Mystical Lightfighters.
Raginfistz

Post by Raginfistz »

Haha,yeah those were great times.

You,Jeol,Birdru and Meldru were like the Halfling Mafia back then heh.I still remember the first time i met you and the rest when we were competing for the Swarmmother spawns(4k pp per blue diamond!).

I was a mid 40's druid(human though,which was rare then) trying to kill to her and the dozens of adds alone while trying to not get Ks'ed heh.Sometimes it would take up to 30 minutes just to kill her.I would almost always run into one of you guys since we were all bound in WK waiting for it to spawn heh.You guys would watch me but never try to KS and even helped a few times.The way you guys handled that was the main reason i joined the guild a few weeks later.We rarely missed a spawn and had a monopoly on it for months after.

I remember when we did the Rivervale war too and a lot of us created Iksars(my first monk!) to Rp with the younger members,good times.
Lianhan

Post by Lianhan »

Oh yes I remember you...

I am still here.
I hope your real life is as wonderful as you are.

Lianhan :D
Setash
nomorespam: 0

Post by Setash »

DJ!!!!! This is amazing. I had breakfast with Zayur this morning and we both started talking about EQ days, and was wondering how you have been. Glad to see you are still around. I don't play any games right now, but we will see in the future. I still play around on these boards though. The comraderie is something that I cannot give up.
Jorrell
Guild Leader

Post by Jorrell »

Good Lord. DJ lives. There's still a few of us old timers hanging out in EQ. Some of those names brought back memories...Meldru, Birdru. It seems like ages ago.

/wave bud

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Kityr

Post by Kityr »

Heya DJ, glad to hear from you. On a bit of a break myself since we are short 1 computer and my wife is working on an online degree so computer time in the evenings is tuff to come by.

Very glad to hear from you and hope all is well.
Feemee

Post by Feemee »

Heya DJ. Glad to hear you are doing well.

The game has changed somewhat in that it has shifted to higher end. Big mobs either totally smoke a group or are a moderate challenge so not so skill of the group doesn't come so much into play for a single mob, but there are lots of good missions out there these days where the craftyness and experience of the players can give folks a chance to get the adrenaline up. And the raids are more complex and challenging than ever so they can get pretty exciting and leave memories to enjoy.

MLF is still the finest group of folks around and has been attracting a lot of good new people who fit the culture well to fill any gaps that come up (more than we can take in these days heh).

Chitz returned to us a few weeks ago and is up to his old hilarious tricks creating havoc for us little fellas.

Shaco is on a game break right now (school, girlfriend, work eating up his time) - I know he always enjoyed your SK/pally roleplaying banter so I will say "hi" on his behalf.

Thanks for stoppin' bye - don't be a stranger :)
Feemee Bagginswolf
85 Druid
Fluellen

Post by Fluellen »

DJ hugs you silly Lizzard :) where you been whatcha doing :)
Hester's Loving Wife
75 Chanter Spanktress
Proud Member of Mystical Lightfighters
Be Careful what you wish for you just might get it.....
Dominiculus
nomorespam: 22

Post by Dominiculus »

Hail and well met DJ :D Glad your enjoying life. As always MLF is plugging along and doing things that they said only full time raiding guild could do :wink: Maybe we will get to play with you again one day.
Faewynd

Post by Faewynd »

/waves Hiya DJ! :D
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

DJ! How ya been bro? Have wondered about you.

Had you on friends list all this time.

I am not playing ATM.

I still think about the time you , Lala, Ody, Aaylia and me went down into Chardok. Had a blast that day. One of the better times in EQ.

/salute!

Wanna drop me a line at e-mail evey once in a blue moon, send me a PM and I will pass along address.

oh yeah Ragz
Set slings mud in the politics section with the rest of those heathens sometimes.
LMAO. Blood chiller is the biggest heathen. Then again, he always was :twisted:
Vhaelrun

Post by Vhaelrun »

Heya suitcase :)