IT Needed please

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Aatelin

IT Needed please

Post by Aatelin »

i just got a new comp and now i get booted off from EQ after about 15-45 mins of being in game, i-net is still connected and i can still troll the web, but my ping bar ever so slowly deteriorates until i get disconnected.

i am running

Windows 7 64 bit home premium edition version 6.1.7600 build 7600

dual nvidia gtx 260 1.75 gb

quad core intel i7 930 @ 280 ghz

What i have tried so far is reinstalling EQ and all of the drivers, running EQ in xp sp 2 and 3 compatibility modes, Resetting the modem (just in case), different resolutions. most of this came from trolling other forums looking for help, and not one ended with a resolution. If anyone has had a similar issue with vista/7 or other tips and tricks i might try i would be most grateful as i have been away from my addiction for long enough and eager to return.
Aaidian
Pittsburgh Steelers #1 Fan
nomorespam: 0

Re: IT Needed please

Post by Aaidian »

I remember something about EQ only wanting to use 1 vid card. Not sure if that is causing the issue or not, but DAMN...that is a nice little system you have there.
Jorrell
Guild Leader

Post by Jorrell »

I ran dual video cards in SLI mode without any problems before I upgraded. That shouldn't be causing any issues.

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Nannwin
Of course I could be totally wrong and be talking out of my ass too so your mileage may vary

Post by Nannwin »

One thing you might look into is your directx version ... EQ requires direct x 9.0c even if your system came with direct x 11 ... it prolly doesnt have 9.0c installed ... go to microsoft and make sure to get that version of direct x.

No fear, no doubt....All in, balls out

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Aatelin

Post by Aatelin »

Yeah i put in directx 9.0c forgot to put that on my list, when i researched the other forums there were a multitude of different vid setups, so i would not think running dual or my cards in general would be what is affecting it. only thing that was shared was that all the problems were on nvidia setups not ati and either vista/7 related.

But the posts were back from febuary and none listed if or how they actually fixed there systems. i am not opposed to running in only 1 vid card mode if someone could explain how to disable a single one during eq play i would atleast try it, can't hurt lol.
Porck

Post by Porck »

I run with dual Nvidia cards in SLI without a problem.

You can turn SLI off in the NVidia control panel. (Right click on the desktop and select nvidia control panel).
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

I doubt that it has anything to do with your problem here, but my comp has win7 and about once a week, I have to do a dns flush (run cmd - ipconfig /flushdns ) If I fail to do that, EQ starts to give me problems as does loading various websites. I was told this was a common thing with Win7.
Annissa

Post by Annissa »

Might check for updated NIC drivers.