Current MIA status

Moderator: BatMonk

Talinsyn
nomorespam: 22

Current MIA status

Post by Talinsyn »

First of all, apologizies for not posting sooner. No excuse other than just being in a bit of a funk. :) I've been MIA the last few raids and will probably be MIA at least a few more. I have been having pretty severe headaches the last few days, with get quite a bit worse when I sit close to my computer monitor for any extended length of time. I've had issues with high eye pressure (bordering on the onset of glaucoma) for a while now, for which I have been taking medication. I'm not sure if the headaches are related, but I have an eye doctor appointment this Friday to get things checked out on that end. If I feel up to it, I might make tonight's raid, or tomorrow's raid, but I probably wouldn't count on it at this time. I hate missing out at this time, when I know attendance has been generally poor overall, but I don't think I could reasonably concentrate on what we would happen to raid at this time anyway.
Jorrell
Guild Leader
nomorespam: 0

Re: Current MIA status

Post by Jorrell »

Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're feeling better, Tal.

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
BatMonk
nomorespam: 0

Post by BatMonk »

Tali, Have you had your blood pressure checked lately?
I get severe headaches that last for days when mine is high.....Check it out bud.

Hope to see you soon!

Bat

If I trained you, I blame you...for being there!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Brian-Johnson/1499646764
Migraine

Post by Migraine »

Hey Tali-- is your nephew doing ok? You got a lot of stresses there that can wear on you. Hugs
It is the journey that is important, who we meet along the way, how we treat each other-
Aader Boxxe

Post by Aader Boxxe »

Take care of yourself Tali and we'll see you soon. We miss you (and your DPS :P )
Aader Boxxe
90 Dwarf Cleric
Talinsyn

Post by Talinsyn »

Well, I had my appointment with the eye doctor Friday, and it was pretty good news. My eye pressure was higher than it should have been, so there has been some change to my medication, but other than that they seem fine (or haven't degraded any, at least). Hopefully the drops will take care of any issues I have been experiencing.

Batmonk - Good advice on the blood pressure. I have has borderline high blood pressure in the past, but eating better and losing a little weight helped it out quite a bit, thankfully. My father has had to take blood pressure medication for quite a number of years, and I hope I don't reach that point, but you never know.

Mig - Nephews are doing well thanks (or as well as can be expected, given the circumstances). :) As far as stress goes, I think I might be stressing out more about what I'm reading on the forums and imagining what is happening in the game. :P Not as much as you guys there though. I hope to be back and good to go raiding this Sunday (though I'll be late or possibly missing again Monday, as I will be taking my youngest nephew to his bi-weekly cub scout meeting again).

Take care all, and thanks for the concern and good wishes. :)
Migraine

Post by Migraine »

Good to hear, Hun. Hey don't worry about us, it is all the "same-old-same-old" stuff that happens in big families! We are good to go, and getting better. Looking forward to seeing you back in game.

I don't usually log in Sundays-- but with the SuperBowl on (which I won't be watching I got 2 good movies to see) But sure seems like there will be distractions aplenty!! LOL

Take care of yourself.

LU
Mig
It is the journey that is important, who we meet along the way, how we treat each other-
Rahkx

Post by Rahkx »

As a person who had headaches for a while, I recently went to a Physical Therapist about them. After about of month, I had drastically reduced my migranes. The main solution was to fix my posture. I work at a computer pretty much all day and my posture while sitting at my computer was horrible. Also the rest of the time it wasn't much better. It may seem like a minor thing, but check how you are sitting, especially if you get them after looking at a computer screen for a long time. Make sure your computer screen isn't up or down much from eye level. Ideally it should be at eye or just below eye level. For example at work now, I have my screens on a stack of books since the stands wheren't high enough. Also, make sure you have your keyboard at a good height.

Otherwise, many of us know how you feel, ;( so hope you feel better soon.