lately

Moderator: BatMonk

Stpauli
nomorespam: 22

lately

Post by Stpauli »

I'm sorry I haven't been on lately... I have 2 cats and both of them decided NOW was a good time to get sick... one with pancreatitis and the other with a tumor in his abdomen. Both are doing OK right now but they have been taking up what little free time I have had for the last couple days so i haven had the option for playing anything...

That said, I am in need of a break from EQ for a while. I just am not enjoying raiding right now which is really the only reason I have been sticking with playing eq for the past few years. I like several of you in this guild and don't want you to think it has anything to do with the raid leaders of the guild, they have been doing a hell of a job keepin us going under not so great circumstances. I am not going to say that my days of playing EQ are over, but I will likely be canceling my 2 alt account and am considering whether there is a future for me in EQ at the moment. I just took a promotion at work and my playtime would become sporadic because of my being on call alot and if I cant be online reliably I don't know that I want to be part of a full time raiding guild. And if I cant commit to a full time raiding guild I don't know that there is much reason for me to continue playing since I really have only been playing this game for the last several years because of a commitment to my friends / guildmates and because of my love for raidng.

I really wish you all the best, I think you have a great group of people here, and i really want you all to have a great time with whatever is left for EQ. Unfortunately I just cant commit the kind of time to the guild i have i the past/ feel I would need to commit. So until something changes or I get to a point in RL where i feel I can be an asset to the guild I will be taking an extended break.

This will be my first real break since I joined a raiding guild back over 8 years ago and over my years of playing as a raid leader / guild leader I have learned never to say I will never be back again. I just feel right now that I don't have the time nor the energy to commit to raiding. Thank you to the MLF leadership for taking me in as a member and for trying so hard to keep us raiding despite all the adversity lately, I can really feel for you... I have been through it a few times myself. Bravo to those of you who continue to log in night after night, it is because of you that MLF continues to take steps forward... I wish I could stay one of the dedicated... I just cant handle it right now with everything I have goin on IRL. So... I will catch you later when I get bored with not playing EQ probably... to those of you I have played eq with for years... it has been an honor... I will never forget the great times we have had.

/Salute
StPauli
Barlaorm

Re: lately

Post by Barlaorm »

Enjoy the breather STP. Hopefully you will come back at some point, I learned a lot from you and you have my upmost respect.
Annissa
nomorespam: 0

Post by Annissa »

I understand your need to take a break as I just recently returned from a short break from EQ. Take the time you need from the game so you can once again get the hunger for raiding. You will be missed. Take care and we'll see you again hopefully in the very near future.
Karnoth

Post by Karnoth »

Stpauli,

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in EQ fighting by your side. You need to do what is best for you and I support your decision I speak for many if not most of the former AV in saying I would follow you anywhere, I am just not ready to follow you this time :D just yet. Not raiding gets a lot of us down, I have found new joy in grouping with my new fellowship and guild and will continue to do that as long as I can. Best of luck we will miss you while your gone and hope to see you back again when your ready.

Go's the same for Locarz, Migraine, Saluki, Talinsyn, Ninuvin, Hotti and all my other friends that have Left or reduced there time in Norrath