Nannwin

Leave a post here if you're in need of access to MLF Member only sections. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Nannwin
Of course I could be totally wrong and be talking out of my ass too so your mileage may vary

Nannwin

Post by Nannwin »

:( I am Nannwin's father and have been going through games and sites that my son has been using. I just want to let you all know that he passed away on the 11th of October. I want to thank all of you who knew him and supported him during his last days, and thanks for being a friend.

No fear, no doubt....All in, balls out

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Euan
Sherlock Holmes
nomorespam: 22

Re: Nannwin

Post by Euan »

Through the game & guild we make real connections with people, and it's sad to hear that one of our friends has passed.

My condolences to you and your family Mr Williams.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.
Pherawk

Post by Pherawk »

I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss, my condolences. He was a true MLFer. He will be missed.
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Jorrell
Guild Leader
nomorespam: 0

Post by Jorrell »

Thynian was about as close a friend as you can get in a virtual world. He will be missed...

Below is a link to his obituary for those that would like to leave a message there.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesou ... =154070719

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Aatelin

Post by Aatelin »

It is sad to see someone we have known for such a long time pass. It is only a reminder that the people behind the toon are real and do matter to us. Thynian will be missed *Wonder twin powers activate form of poo!*
Dominiculus

Post by Dominiculus »

I am sooooo sorry to here of your loss and ours. Your son was one of the best players and person behind the character in the game. I know he goes to a better place and is now free of the pain he was enduring in this one. May his soul rest in peace, amen .
Annij

Post by Annij »

My prayers go to you and your family during this hard time. He was a valued member of our family here, and will be deeply missed.

Gina

Level 90 Magician
Mystical Lightfighters

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Venusia

Post by Venusia »

His passing is a loss to all those who knew him - I so loved his sense of humor, knowing how he tried to always look on the bright side - but a blessing for him, a relief for his pain and surely a wonderful whole new body to enjoy where he is now. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Venusia
Etrudia

Post by Etrudia »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am truly saddened by this news. He was one of the first people to welcome me into this guild and help level me up, so I could start raiding with everyone. I spent a lot of time grouping with him and loved joking around with him. I am honored to call him my friend and will miss him.

-Tru

Sitasha tells the raid, 'Ok today, we will agro first mob in the door and take
it to SE corner, we kill it down, named becomes active I will pull it to MA<TBA>
we start beating on it, adds come all assist to kill the adds then get back on
named, once named is dead I call Mana check, monks ignore and keep pulling...'
Blooddrive

Post by Blooddrive »

you raised one hell of a son, sir! while he kept me informed of his situation, he never let it get him too depressed.
he just wanted to enjoy his days, and make sure his kids had a good life. really, what more could you ask of anyone?

a few people thought of the two of us as twins in the game, and we had fun with that. but its just not true.
he was a much better person than i could have been in his situation. i will miss him

tim
Blooddrive RunsFromHeals
90th Holy Defender of Mystical Lightfighters

wherever there is fire,
i will bring gasoline!
Nannwin
Of course I could be totally wrong and be talking out of my ass too so your mileage may vary

Post by Nannwin »

I just want to thank you all for your kind comments regarding my Son Clifford L. Williams II. Even though we sometimes wondered why he spent so much time playing games on the internet, and now I can understand a little better why he did, as you all seem to have filled in for the friends that he was not able to make around where we live. He spent very little time out of the house so was unable to make friends. I believe that he could not have done any better than he did in this forum as well as the WOW forum. You are all fantastic and again I thank you with all of my heart for your friendship with my son. Dominculus DeMarr and Timothy Feather, I would also like to thank you for signing the guest book at the Southern Illinoisian news paper. May God Bless You All!

No fear, no doubt....All in, balls out

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Dekayd

Post by Dekayd »

I tried to post a reply to this from my phone when I first heard the sad news, but it wouldn't let me do it, so here I am.

I first met Thynian in Whit's End, several years ago. He struck me as a unique individual at that time, and he played his class exceptionally. I lost touch with him when I left WE, but imagine my surprise a few years later when he ended up in MLF with me. Since then we've worked closer together than we had in WE, and I saw even more so what caliber of player he was, and what kind of person he was, since I was able to interact with him via voice chat. When I first heard of his medical problems, I was very saddened, but thought that there was a way he could pull through.

I am very sorry to hear that he passed away, as he was a valued family member here. But, you must remember that he is in a far, far better place, where those same medical issues will no longer bother and pain him. THAT makes me happy.

Your family is in my prayers.
Grand Occultist Dekayd Ta`Mire
High Priest Camien Ta`Mire
Valiant Milander Truewield

(Insert witty saying here.)

Prathun-Dev wrote:
"Mondays we play Bingo. Tuesdays are reserved for rare coin and stamp collecting. On Wednesdays most of the team goes out to the vineyards for wine tasting. Thursdays we hit the beach. Fridays we take off to get an early start on the weekend, to relax and recuperate before we start the whole process over again the following week."
Explosia

Post by Explosia »

Cliff is and will continue to be missed by those of us who knew him, if only virtually. He had a special 'spark' and a fantastic sense of humor. He'll always be Thy to me, and I can't help but smile when I think of how he'd play that cantankerous dwarf - tough on the outside, but with a heart of gold. I am a better person for the time I was lucky enough to spend with him.

My condolences and deepest sympathies to his family, both real life and extended.

I haven't posted anything in a very long time, but this was too important. I hope the rest of you are well and that your chosen games smile upon you.

Safe Travels,

Weni

Eweni En`Fuego
Retired Enchantress of MLF
(yep, I borrowed Kin's board access)
Khala Dun Kinayn Kardboardkitty (Retired)
80 Vah Shir Imperator and Defender of Shar Vahl
Kinayn's Litter Box

Catalyst Explosia Nartiste (Retired)
80 Erudite Arch Arcanist
Click Me and Laugh
Sidara

Post by Sidara »

Wow im very sorry to hear about Thynian. he will be missed...

Originally Posted by wudedormTunare
There are many ways to be a war just cause you feel it works for you does not make it the "only way"...
Leiph

Post by Leiph »

Very sorry to hear the news about your son. As others have pointed out better than I can, he was a good friend in game, very charismatic and passionate and, as I'm sure you're aware, not afraid to speak his mind (definitely not afraid to speak his mind!). He certainly brought a smile to my face in-game, and while I'm extremely saddened at the news, the memory of who he is and what he did still brings a smile to my face.