Steve Irwin

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Dashun
nomorespam: 0

Steve Irwin

Post by Dashun »

:cry:

summary
In the early afternoon of 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the heart by a stingray barb off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia while filming an underwater documentary with his daughter.

Shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC), Irwin was filming in the Low Isles near Port Douglas, north of Cairns, Queensland, Australia, where he was stabbed in the chest, resulting in a punctured heart, and suffered cardiac arrest. After he was stung, his crew called for medical help and the Queensland Rescue Helicopter responded, taking him to Cairns Base Hospital. However, Irwin was immediately pronounced dead at the scene. The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning the event. Ironically Irwin was known for handling dangerous animals, but stingrays rarely attack humans.
Dashun Fly`Leaf
forever Fyrelee's
Zelima
nomorespam: 22

Post by Zelima »

I saw it last night....

CJ grew up with Steve Irwin.....he still watches reruns of The Crocodile Hunter on the Discovery Channel....

Because of Steve Irwin, CJ wants to work with animals when he grows up....

The world has lost an incredible man.....he's changed my son's life and gave him an undying appreciation for animals and animal conservation.

~zel
Mistress Zelima Geishagirl
83 Shaman of the Tribunal
Proud Member of the Mystical Lightfighters

"It's not the end result that's most important, it's the journey and the memories you make with your friends and family getting there..." :)
Carlisa

Post by Carlisa »

I was trying to tell my daughter about him passing away and was trying to describe who he was when she said " Mom that was the guy who used to say Crikey all the time " and i said yes. She is 9 and she not only saw him on his own shows but as a guest on many many other kids shows.

I feel very sorry for his own children for they are so young that they will never really know what an inspiration he was to many.

Today the world suffered an amazing lose. But he passed away doing what he loved best in the world.

Carlisa
Fluellen

Post by Fluellen »

Hester came into the room and told me Steve had been killed. I was somewhat shocked. I love to watch him handle the crocidles. (being an avid Animal Planet watcher i watched almost daily)

He was an awsome man he will be missed terribly by those who loved to watch his work with animals. I bet the animals will miss him most.

Rest In Peace Steve. God Bless his family and friends.
Hester's Loving Wife
75 Chanter Spanktress
Proud Member of Mystical Lightfighters
Be Careful what you wish for you just might get it.....
jarlaxlee

Post by jarlaxlee »

It is said that he died ...but i think all of us saw it happening sometime...Atleast he died doing what he loved and that is all anyone can ask.

But as the saying goes....You play with Fire ...Your bound to get burned..

Also I think the poison is probabully what killed him more then the pierced heart i could be wrong but that poison prolly rushed through his body super quik
Watch for new phases for my magelo Link
New Phrase ='s New Music

http://h1.ripway.com/jarlaxle/10kdmg.bmp

Putting Shame in your Game
Fluellen

Post by Fluellen »

the poison is a tissue distroyer so he was doomed :(
Hester's Loving Wife
75 Chanter Spanktress
Proud Member of Mystical Lightfighters
Be Careful what you wish for you just might get it.....
Dashun

Post by Dashun »

He wasn't my idol, but damn, I grew up on The Discovery Channel back when The Animal Planet never existed. However, naturalists like him and Jeff Corwin made learning about nature more interesting than any one else.

If he was stung in a non-vital body area (arm, leg, hand, etc) he would have easily lived though been in terrible pain for quite some time. So so sad :cry:
Dashun Fly`Leaf
forever Fyrelee's