Sygn's Real Life adventures with morons on a full moon night

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Sygn
nomorespam: 0

Sygn's Real Life adventures with morons on a full moon night

Post by Sygn »

Last night I was involved in a collision between my company vehicle, a handi-cap modified Ford 350 van, and a volvo 760. Short story is that I won.

They apparently were attempting to evade the police who I learned had tried to stop them but declined pursuit. I understand the reasoning behind this as well. No good idea has a perfect run though. They saw a police car behind me on a cross-street and tried to evade accross the front of me. I was travelling roughly 40 MPH, and I have no idea how fast they were going.

The impact was kinda surreal - you see it coming, you try to hit the brakes, only to find out you can't move fast enough. The initial collision wasn't bad from my prespective. My van was turned however and hit a light pole - this impact deployed the airbag. My passenger nearly slipped under her seatbelt, but was restrained. Pretty much all I can say is that when I left the hospital she was nasueous and that was thankfully the worst after 4 hours. I have bruises from the seatbelt, airbag burn on my right wrist, and micro-fractures where my plate in my lower leg is set - I can walk fairly well though.

The police told me the 2 in the car would survive. Even though this collision was made by a truely boneheaded move on the drivers part, I hope they recover from their injuries. They only survived because they were in a Volvo. Had they been in any other older model car they would both very likely died...

I see people all day doing things like this with slightly more thought, and cutting it close. Is the minute they saved worth the possibilty of dying or spending months in a hospital? I don't think so. These 2 kids who did something stupid were bound to do one stupid thing too many... Last night it caught up with them and they are going to spend months recovering.

Please be careful when your driving.
If your not going to do it right, why do it at all?
Tolin

Post by Tolin »

Hello bro how are you doing.
Benyen

Post by Benyen »

Sygn these last couple of nights must have had retardo juice in the water or something. Tonight at work I had a group of like 40 highschool kids in a room. When I asked them to leave cause they were disturbing other guests, they went down the stairwell and ripped 2 phones off the wall and then knocked a fire extinguisher off the wall and it exploded. When that happened, the fire alarm thought there was a fire and went off. So on top of the disruptive guests, I have a fire alarm waking up those that aren't already awake. The phone rung off the hook for an hour solid with people wondering if they were really in danger. I had a stairwell full of baking soda like material and I had the cops called by an angry guest wanting the disruptive guests out. I finally had to call the emergency tech to get the alarm to stop going off and the police did remove the last of the teens. Then 4 teens and the auntie came back and had the audacity to ask for a refund after all the trouble they and their group had caused!

I hate working on the weekends. It's just not fair. All the weird stuff happens to me when I work on a weekend.
Benyen Bunyun
Karana's Hierophant of the 70th season
Ashamed of Himself Ex-Member of the Mystical Lightfighters.
"Ever with you, Ever in me, Ever the same."---Rob Thomas
Sygn

Post by Sygn »

Basically I'm sore where the seatbelt caught me. Left shoulder, right lower ribs feel funny, and left hip aches. Burn on wrist is annoying. Knee is pretty much the same as it always is before getting whacked into the dashboard.
Overall, not bad.

As to idiots running amock, full moon nights are always a big night for stupid. Ask anyone who works or worked in an ER.
If your not going to do it right, why do it at all?
Hester

Post by Hester »

Dang man..i'm glad your ok. Your good folk bud.

Hester Nukztwiceoninc
Retired 75 Grand Summoner of the Mystical Lightfighters
Lightfighter and Husband of the lovely Mistress Fluellen
jarlaxlee

Post by jarlaxlee »

Wow man that is messed up ... but glad you are ok .
Watch for new phases for my magelo Link
New Phrase ='s New Music

http://h1.ripway.com/jarlaxle/10kdmg.bmp

Putting Shame in your Game