Technical help please

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Wrekkless

Technical help please

Post by Wrekkless »

For some reason i cant get on to EQ. When i click play on download screen i get booted and see the following message "NO 3D DEVICES FOUND"

I have updated my driver's....well that and my whole system. I
have the same video card as when i logged in Friday to say hello.

I'm able to display graphics on other games and have no graphic isssues when im on the internet, etc.....

I've even done a complete file check on the EQ download screen. I'm at a loss as to what i need to do. If anyone can help me out please feel free to do so heh.

Dont know if this has anything to do with it but recently i installed a new game on my pc that i found out was too much for my system so i un-installed it. The problem started soon there after.

Need advice,

Wrekk
Borimorg
nomorespam: 0

Post by Borimorg »

Wrekk. Just went through the same thing. Was in game the other day in qvic. PC locked up. After restart every time I went to log into EQ it would either lock at the Eula screen or completely reboot my computer.

I updated windows, got new graphics drivers etc.

Graphics board failed. Loaded internet fine.

How I finally found out for sure was out of frustration I went to play Diablo 2, Lords of destruction.

Game was laggy as hell. Diablo was never laggy at all on this machine.

Took out the geforce and reset up the integrated one and EQ works.
Fleeting/Saeene

PC Problems

Post by Fleeting/Saeene »

Well, if nothing else works you can always format the hard drive and reinstall everything.. that would fix it most likely :-) hehe.. other than that I'm not really sure.. my laptop does that now and I used to box with it..
Dashun

Post by Dashun »

Go back to using the original drivers from the CD if you still have it. The "latest and greatest" isn't always so. If it's not a security update don't worry about it. If your machine performs just fine with drivers from 2 years ago don't update them. There are always new issues with the newest drivers.
Dashun Fly`Leaf
forever Fyrelee's
Euan
Sherlock Holmes
nomorespam: 22

Post by Euan »

I'd probably reinstall DirectX in case that other game's uninstall took a part of DX with it.

If that doesn't do it, google that error message. The top results point to the Everquest boards (hurray Sony) where there is advice on which Everquest files to delete and have redownloaded.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.
Pherawk
nomorespam: 22

Post by Pherawk »

The error message that you're getting is the same one I get on one of my machines when I upgrade to the latest drivers. I have to go back a few revs to allow EQ to run on that machine. It's a laptop though, so I'm pretty locked into the video card. What video card are you using?

-Sind
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

The original post was from May 2006.

Wrekk has been in game since then so evidently it's been fixed.