Update

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Faraneb
nomorespam: 0

Update

Post by Faraneb »

Well, my wife's prolly gonna kill me for this BUT, I've decided that as soon as I can figure out how to get broadband way out here in the sticks I'm comin back to EQ. This may take a month or two, maybe longer. There's no DSL or Cable out here, just dial up and I'm only hooking up at 31.2 kbps. So playing EQ would be ba bust at that speed.

Maybe with a little luck my toon is still in the database, if not I'll have to start over. We're looking into satellite internet atm, maybe it'll pan out.

Hope to see yall soon
Nannydara

Post by Nannydara »

WOOT!!!
Nannydara 70 Cleric
Sinceuask 70 Enchanter
...and numerous other alts
Pherawk
nomorespam: 22

Post by Pherawk »

Cool. Sony seems to still have the character in their database according to EQLive (if that's worth anything), so you'd probably be in good shape;

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 8151641809

-Sind
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Renanna

Post by Renanna »

You can play on dialup.
Until a year ago I was on dialup as they had no broadband out in the sticks where I lived. :shock:
Faraneb

Post by Faraneb »

Holy cow, I can't believe teh skinny wizzie is still there. Guess I have no exscuses now. Time to load up the stack of EQ software I again. See yall soon
Carlisa

Post by Carlisa »

Dont let wife kill ya just teach her how to play the game with ya!!!

Get her a comp of her own to play on

Carlisa
Faraneb

Post by Faraneb »

Won't work ( I tried that for 6 years and built her 3 different machines to play on. Not happenin, EQ is da debil hehe.

BUT, my daughter does play EQ. Some of yall might know her as Travven. She'll prolly be back soon too, can't swear to it though.

I got all of my EQ disks loaded up but , and yall better be siitin down for this one, there's a 128 hour patch to download. Dial up bites!

I'll drop back in later, I have 6 horses and a miniature donkey yellin for groceries.
Jorrell
Guild Leader

Post by Jorrell »

there's a 128 hour patch to download
:shock:

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Wsaber

Post by Wsaber »

Wow thats almost a week of downloading lol
Faraneb

Post by Faraneb »

I don't work fridays anymore, so I'm gonna load it up and go to my parents DSL tomorrow. Prolly take 15 minutes over there. See yall soon.
Faraneb

Post by Faraneb »

Okie dokie, patch is all downloaded. It wasn't too bad, just 1.6 gigs. Took about 2 hours on my folks dls. Gonna try to log in a bit and see it does. See yall soon maybe.