Loot Policy for Invocations? (2.5s)

A forum to track Epic Quest progress.

Moderator: BatMonk

Senoril
nomorespam: 0

Loot Policy for Invocations? (2.5s)

Post by Senoril »

Since MLF is nearly Demi-Plane flagged, I was just curious is a loot policy had been established for looting the Invocations that will grant 2.5 Augments. Will they be handled like the Globe of Discordant Energy where we roll an Epic Number and then the winer charged a set amount of DKP or will they be bid on like regular loot? (I'm hoping on the former.)
Jorrell
Guild Leader

Post by Jorrell »

We honestly haven't started that discussion yet, but we're aware of the augments. With Leiph being out of town until this weekend, we may not get discussions going on the officer boards until next week at the earliest.

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Toag
Lord and God of the SK

Post by Toag »

I think we're going by senority, hobbits excluded of course, evil classes first, and alphabetically starting with the letter T.
Senoril

Post by Senoril »

Really? Cause I heard it was going by senorilty, smurfs excluded of course, good knights first, and alphabetically starting with the letter S.
Xyphael

Post by Xyphael »

all your aug are belong to me

channeling-foreign-game-designers-who-are-bad-at-their-jobs-X

*edit-cool, my made up name is longer than my actual post

We who do not deny the animal of our nature
We who yearn to preserve our liberation
We who face darkness in our hearts with a solemn fire
We who aspire to the truth and pursue it's strength
Senoril

Post by Senoril »

/bump

So now that we're in Demi-plane, have we come to a conclusion?
Blooddrive
nomorespam: 22

Post by Blooddrive »

yes
Blooddrive RunsFromHeals
90th Holy Defender of Mystical Lightfighters

wherever there is fire,
i will bring gasoline!
Leiph

Post by Leiph »

After discussing it amongst the officers, we've agreed that the 2.5 pages will be bid out via DKP like any other loot item.

The 2.0 policy was designed around the components of what went into obtaining an epic 2.0, which is different than a normal piece of loot in that it involved multiple raids and quests, and that most everyone in the guild was assured of getting one (if they worked at it), and, accordingly, we were trying to establish the best/fairest priority system in which the should be 2.0 obtained.

The 2.5 pages, however, do not require individual raids or quests to obtain, but rather drop from T2 named mobs, and thus, are no different than any other loot, such as Tunat augs (albeit with better stats), which are bid out via normal DKP loot. And because we will most likely only see very few 2.5 pages (they are either very rare drops from a T2 named, or require the right blocker turn-ins to be dropped by the Demi end boss, Mayong), using our 2.0 distribution policy wouldn't make sense for distributing the pages when only a select few will ultimately get pages. Or it wouldn't make as much sense as bidding them out via DKP and letting those who want them the most, and for whom they will be the biggest upgrade, spend their points to get them, as with other DKP loot.

Of course, you will have to have your 2.0 to be eligible to bid on the pages.
xileksis

Post by xileksis »

the page are also prety class specfic are they not..

ie hybred vs caster vs melee ect not one page fits all classes ?.
Leiph

Post by Leiph »

Yup.
Senoril

Post by Senoril »