Hey Gward!

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Schythe

Hey Gward!

Post by Schythe »

was wanting to know what would go good with

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822144160 x2 raid0 config

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814143047

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820220095

any suggestions if i should get something else would be nice but want something along those lines.

no clue on what to get for mother board or cpu. Wanting to get a new comp made from scratch within next couple months don't want to spend more then 2,500-3000

Schythe Gravestalker
lvl 70 Shaman Mystical Lightfighter[/url]
Zenedia
nomorespam: 0

Post by Zenedia »

First off, I shudder to think you'll be wasting all that money on a WD hard drive. Maybe I've just hada run of bad luck with them, but any company that sends me 3 consecutive 120 GB hard drives that ALL fail within 24 hours is going to get the thumbs down from me

As for a motherboard and CPU, I'd go with an AMD dual core 64-bit processor personally. If you're focussing on games, AMD has tohe upper hand indubidably. AS for brand, I think Asus is one of the upper brands right now. I'd definnitely avoid MSI, DFI, and Gigabyte. Another good choice would be Shuttle. They're labelled as one of the economy brands, but I've had nothing but good experiences with their stuff.
Gward

Post by Gward »

Ill get in touch with ya in game.
Dekayd

Post by Dekayd »

Whats wrong with MSI? I am about to upgrade from a Soyo K7V Dragon Plus! (in which I am running the fastest processor and ram that it can handle in it), to a MSI K8N Neo4....and the friend of mine who sent it to me has one in his computer and has had no issues...

Infoz?
Grand Occultist Dekayd Ta`Mire
High Priest Camien Ta`Mire
Valiant Milander Truewield

(Insert witty saying here.)

Prathun-Dev wrote:
"Mondays we play Bingo. Tuesdays are reserved for rare coin and stamp collecting. On Wednesdays most of the team goes out to the vineyards for wine tasting. Thursdays we hit the beach. Fridays we take off to get an early start on the weekend, to relax and recuperate before we start the whole process over again the following week."
Renanna

Post by Renanna »

Don't touch Gigabyte with a 100 foot pole.

It has issues with the AMD 64 processors, which can't be resolved. And their quality sux.

My 8 week old comp has been out of action for 2-3 weeks now. The gigabyte k8 triton motherboard has a nasty short in it, and burned up my powersupply with it. The ethernet connection also went out.

Wish I could get my money back for the mb, and them to pay for a new powersupply.
I am making them send me a new mb, but, going to probably trash it. :shock:

I have had a WD harddrive in this comp for 2.5 years now. Not a problem one.
Had a Dragon mb, it went out the week after the year warrenty was up. Replaced it with a MSI, the sound quit after a month. But, other than that, no problems. It is still going on this comp fine.
Zenedia

Post by Zenedia »

My only beef with MSI is similar to REn's problem.

Their boards are stable enough. They have plenty of features. But more often than not, one or two of the features either doesn't work as advertised (or at all) or it ceases to work shortly after purchase.

Maybe I'm picky. But when I buy a mboard that has an onboard network card, I expect it to work more than a couple months. Or the onboard sound. Or a PCI slot. etc. Not deal breaking, but I'd rather buy one that's gonna keep its full functionality a while.
Schythe

Post by Schythe »

Part of the reason i want to do this is i participated in the new Avnet games at mcc in the build the fastest computer competition. it was nice got to put the stuff together but i didn't pick out the mb or cpu so let my partners do that. those benchmark programs are sweet looking and also got some nice overclock software and few other techniques.

Ancient Schythe Gravestalker
lvl 70 Shaman Mystical Lightfighter