some old classics

This is the place to discuss all those "other" non EQ1 related games. ie EQ2, WoW, VG and all the other evils! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Xyphael
nomorespam: 0

some old classics

Post by Xyphael »

for those who appreciate the evolution of video games:

http://www.abandonia.com/index2.php

X

We who do not deny the animal of our nature
We who yearn to preserve our liberation
We who face darkness in our hearts with a solemn fire
We who aspire to the truth and pursue it's strength
Vendian
nomorespam: 0

Post by Vendian »

I love old games, actually busted out my emulators/roms recently and started playing some of the oldies, although I think the best fun I've had was with SNES which isnt too far back.
Grand Occultist Keliv Var'Nae ~ 74 Necromancer
Pain Lord Brenous Dayblaze ~ 70 Shadowknight
Lightbringer Shawnn Dayblaze ~ 67 Paladin
Swashbuckler Aeauvil Daguenoire ~ 62 Rogue
Windcaller Escad Whisperwind ~ 52 Ranger
Blooddrive
nomorespam: 22

Post by Blooddrive »

speaking of roms...
i never was around this before, but always saw/heard people talk about downloading the rom/emulators. i tried one time, but couldnt get it to work, so i deleted it.
there has always been one particular game i was looking for tho. an old arcade game made by Atari, called Blasteroids. i always wanted to own the full size arcade version, but only saw this game twice in all my years. i tried looking on a few sites that sold stand alond arcade games, but never saw it there either.

anyone know if it is possible to find something like this? i mean where to find? even an emulator version would be ok.
Blooddrive RunsFromHeals
90th Holy Defender of Mystical Lightfighters

wherever there is fire,
i will bring gasoline!
Raginfistz

Post by Raginfistz »

I found the Rom here and there seems to be 5 different versions available.

You'll also need the Emulator and you can get it here.

I'm not sure which one is best and sometimes certains ones won't run some games so you'll have to play around with it.I've never used MAME emulators so if you need help they have forums.

That is the best site i've found for old games with several thousands available but i haven't been here in awhile and it appears Nintendo made them shut down the NES and SNES sections recently so that gives you an idea how legal this might be.Also a lot of sites like these are bad about viruses/spyware so you've been warned but i've never gotten one from them.