Farm spots?

A place to post items wants, needs and discuss exchange of in-game items.

Moderator: BatMonk

Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Farm spots?

Post by Zzzapp »

Any idea where good spots for group farms of items?
Looking for loams, marrows, spinnerettes, but cant seem to find any dropping (except the low lvl ones).
Zzzapp
Revolution
nomorespam: 0

Post by Revolution »

Only seen 2 porous loams drop since the past patch..

Appears they really did nerf the drop rate this time..
Pherawk

Post by Pherawk »

Ngreth confirmed on eqtraders, they shifted the loot tables up, so whereas porous loam and exquisites were dropping in Tier 2 and Thass with 'x' chance, that 'x' chance has been changed to Tier 3 SoF, and the lower tiers get chance 'y', where 'y' is significantly less than 'x' (as in, almost never).

Porous loams look to be going about 900kpp in the baz now (when they even show up at all), gotta hunt in tier 3 if you want a reasonable chance of that stuff now.

Here's the thread

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=31198
-Pher
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Porck

Post by Porck »

I believe it will require grouping in Teir 3 zones like Steam Factory. I have seen very few drop in the last week.

Anyone have a good list of which zones are which tier?
Pherawk

Post by Pherawk »

Steam Factory, SHIP, and Meldraths' Mansion (sp) are Tier 3, zones like Bloodmoon and the fortress are tier 2. Crystallos is the only Tier 4 zone I know of. I don't have a complete list, but I've seen one around.
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Euan
Sherlock Holmes

Post by Euan »

Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.