Anyone still playing EQ2?

This is the place to discuss all those "other" non EQ1 related games. ie EQ2, WoW, VG and all the other evils! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Vladigar

Anyone still playing EQ2?

Post by Vladigar »

I'm thinking of checking out EQ2. I did a search for the MLF EQ2 guild but couldn't find it. Is it still active?
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned
Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Re: Anyone still playing EQ2?

Post by Zzzapp »

I tried EQ2 a long time ago. I liked the tradeskill ideas. Players can make plat that way, doing TS quests. Players gain levels in tradeskills also, like regular levels. A player can solo to max level if they wanted to.(its made that way) The mobs dont follow a player around the zone, they give up after a while. Mobs are locked to keep other players from KSing.
Zzzapp
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

I played it for awhile, but got bored, it is very pretty, and there are some engaging quests. I have a maxed TS'er over there. I also tried Vanguard, and love the 'sphere' concept. Adventure/TS's/Diplomacy. I focused solely on the Diplomacy, it is pretty much a solo sphere and since it was a 'new thing'. But, alas, they pretty much imploded, Sony bought them out, who knows where it will be going. I did all the Diplomacy content the game had to offer, got bored.

There is NO GAME quite like EQ though. If you want to try out the other SOE games, just get a Station Pass.
... like a speeding car with jammed door locks, cut brake lines, a dead steering wheel, and air vents that pump nitrous oxide. Everyone is dimly aware the country is heading for the edge of a cliff, but no one can muster the energy to search for alternatives.
CLICK ME
ME TOO!
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!
Vladigar

Post by Vladigar »

Well I decided to give it a try. I"m on Permafrost as a Barbarian Mystic (go figure). Coolest thing I've seen so far is when I looked up in the night sky and saw Luclin in pieces. I figure it's a just reward for forcing the VT key quest on me. :P
> SELECT * FROM paladins WHERE clue > 0
0 rows returned
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

IT IS one hella pretty game that's for sure. I am on Permafrost too, if I ever decide to do the patch update, I will log on and say /HI! Oh yeah, Luclin is destroyed, don't say /Journey to Luclin to any porters!