DoD Blocker Turn ins: Getting Epic 2.5 upgrade

A compilation of EQ-related guides. Quest spoilers, checklists, encounter strategies, etc.

Moderator: BatMonk

Blabberpuss

DoD Blocker Turn ins: Getting Epic 2.5 upgrade

Post by Blabberpuss »

Ok I think I figured this out, but didn't see a good explanation here for what I had to do, and which responses I had to make for the Blocker Turn Ins. We have another thread, in LL that lead me to the site that explained this but thought I would post this here so it was easy to find, and perhaps it would help you guys along the way. The thing is that when you turn in your AE blockers from our Demiplane progression, it NOT ONLY will help to negate the AE damage you take, but if you make the correct responses to the turn in NPC's you will, after turning in all 4 of the blockers, enable extra lootz to drop from the MM event.

Here is the link that explains WHAT the responses MUST be and what your reward will be. LINKAGE
Eweni wrote:Let me see if I can sum this up clearly and succinctly, to eliminate confusion.
Invocation of the Last Dawn (PAL, RNG, SHD, BRD, BST) -- can drop in Devlin's Chest (T2)
Invocation of Night (NEC, WIZ, MAG, ENC) -- can drop in Tris Wallow's Chest (T2)
Invocation of Eternity (CLR, DRU, SHM) -- can drop in Roley's Chest (T2)
Invocation of Death's Shadow (WAR, MNK, ROG, BER) -- can drop in the Performer's Chest (T2)
Turning in the appropriate page for your class will yield your personal 2.5 epic augment. These are rare drops in the chests from these events, and the pure melee classes typically get 'screwed' because Performer is the last (and generally considered hardest) of the events, and as such, gets farmed the least.

In addition to the chances of seeing the epic 2.5 pages drop on the above events, it is possible for each member of the guild to guarantee that an epic 2.5 piece will drop upon each successful Mayong kill. In order for this to happen, each person who triggers the Mayong event must have spoken the correct phrases when turning in their AE blockers (or corrected them at a later time, prior to triggering the event), and MLF must defeat the encounter. If all those conditions are met, there will be an extra loot in Mayong's chest-- specifically the Invocation selected based on your turn-in phrases. The Invocation that will appear in the chest is determined by the phrases you select, not by your class/archetype. For instance, even though I'm an enchie, I could select all my phrases such that I guarantee an Invocation of Death's Shadow (pure melee) in the chest. Similarly, if you choose different phrases, you can guarantee a loot item for the raid rather than an Invocation page. The only way the Mayong encounter will 'drop' an epic page is through this hailing/flagging system, and it will be guaranteed with a win (conditional on the hailer having selected all the correct phrases while turning in blockers.)
If you are the one triggering a successful Mayong kill, the only thing you are guaranteed to get is the title associated with the phrases you selected. The loot in the chest belongs to the guild-- you may win/earn your 2.5 page (if that's the bonus loot you've chosen), but you are not guaranteed it anymore than you are guaranteed a loot off any other named mob killed anywhere else.

Another things to note-- some trigger phrases do not yield any loot /titles (they are "bad"). Triggering the event with these will yield no bonus loot for the guild and no title for you. Even if you don't care about your title (displaying it is optional), you should do your homework so as not to screw yourself or your guildies out of potential loot. ;)

~Ewww
Last edited by Blabberpuss on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
... like a speeding car with jammed door locks, cut brake lines, a dead steering wheel, and air vents that pump nitrous oxide. Everyone is dimly aware the country is heading for the edge of a cliff, but no one can muster the energy to search for alternatives.
CLICK ME
ME TOO!
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!
Explosia
nomorespam: 0

Re: DoD Blocker Turn ins: Getting Epic 2.5 upgrade

Post by Explosia »

The responses do not directly provide the player making them with the additional loot, whether it be an epic page, or other item. They provide the raid with an additional loot, very similar to how Inktu'ta worked. Additionally, each of the Tier 2 encounters has a chance to drop a specific 2.5 page.

Kin
Khala Dun Kinayn Kardboardkitty (Retired)
80 Vah Shir Imperator and Defender of Shar Vahl
Kinayn's Litter Box

Catalyst Explosia Nartiste (Retired)
80 Erudite Arch Arcanist
Click Me and Laugh
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

Kinayn wrote:The responses do not directly provide the player making them with the additional loot, whether it be an epic page, or other item. They provide the raid with an additional loot, very similar to how Inktu'ta worked. Additionally, each of the Tier 2 encounters has a chance to drop a specific 2.5 page.

Kin
So you are saying, that once we hand in all 4 of our blockers, we are not rewarded directly with the 2.5 tome? That it just provides any raid that we are on with an additional drop and we would have to DKP bid on it to receive it?
In order to do any of the 4 steps of this quest, you must have handed in your AE blocker to that specific mob.
With all 4 being handed in, you can complete this quest which sets a hidden flag allowing you to trigger Mayong in Demi Plane.
Beyond being able to trigger the event, this quest also determines what bonus loot Mayong will drop as well as the title the trigger person will receive if the event is won.
After your post, and re-reading this I think I understand now. Whomever earns the right to trigger Mayong determines what his 'bonus' loot will be (and gets their 2.5), along with some sort of title. So I assume, once we get to that part, that we will be determining who has the right to trigger the event in such a way as we determined who got the epic 'orb' drop in the past.
Explosia

Post by Explosia »

Yes, you do not receive the reward as a direct function of the blocker turn-in. The reward is given as a raid loot bonus at the end of the Mayong Mistmoore encounter, and is based upon the phrases used (on blocker turn-ins) by the person who triggers the MM event. For instance:

Kinayn turns in all four blockers with the following text responses:
digusted
glimpse into the future
forget
beauty

Kinayn is asked to trigger the Mayong Mistmoore fight. MLF wins. We receive the normal 3ish loots from MM as well as a bonus loot, Hoop of the Dark Hunter (a T2 encounter drop). Kinayn receives the title "the Emancipator", but the bonus loot is open to the entire raid.

I would assume that our standard raid loot rules would apply to this, as this "reward" is not a function of an individual's effort, rather a function of the guild's efforts as a whole. However, I am not sure it has been discussed, and we are still a ways off from being able to do this event.

PM me or /tell me in game if you need further clarification on how this works.

Kin
Khala Dun Kinayn Kardboardkitty (Retired)
80 Vah Shir Imperator and Defender of Shar Vahl
Kinayn's Litter Box

Catalyst Explosia Nartiste (Retired)
80 Erudite Arch Arcanist
Click Me and Laugh
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

Blabberpuss wrote:After your post, and re-reading this I think I understand now. Whomever earns the right to trigger Mayong determines what his 'bonus' loot will be (and gets their 2.5), along with some sort of title. So I assume, once we get to that part, that we will be determining who has the right to trigger the event in such a way as we determined who got the epic 'orb' drop in the past.
The blocker turn-ins are important as they will guaruntee additional loot for the raid. By having the proper key words/felgs set with the Blocker Turn-In mobs, will give the person triggering the MM event a special title and one extra loot for the raid.

It's important to make sure you have the right flags set for the extra loot, if you don't and trigger the MM event you can bug the event. And yes, this loot will be in the chest which spawns on MM's death and mostly likely be open for bid by all MLF members.

From experience, the melee page from the Performer event is the rarest of all the possible extra loot possibilities.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Gentlemen Assassin, Nightblade.
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

And the little used alter egos' Durdend and Iluweyen
Dominiculus
nomorespam: 22

Post by Dominiculus »

ok I would like to get the chance for the Vamp hunter ring so I would say disgusted, glimpse into the future, forget, strength ?

Also, it looks like I can reset my flag anytime, right? Not sure as I did the ZT blocker right or not.

Domi
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

Correct, you can set your flags at any time - but I'd do it tomorrow night as the ZiT blocker mo is a pain to get to.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

Nannwin
Of course I could be totally wrong and be talking out of my ass too so your mileage may vary

Post by Nannwin »

There are two different things going on here. First is the "Bonus loot " you are talking about and the second is the 2.5 pages. The 2.5 pages have a chance to drop off of any T2 encounter. Roley, The performer ect. The bonus loot is what is in the linkage.

If you are wanting your bonus loot the follow the above steps and its cool. But if you are just wanting your 2.5 page then we just need to start clearing the harder stuff =) IF we dont want specific loot off of MM then we can also try for more pages but roley has just as much of a chance.

No fear, no doubt....All in, balls out

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Tamerlayne

Post by Tamerlayne »

Believe it was clarified enough so won't go into the extra MM loot or the T2 mobs and respective 2.5 drops.

Turn in Guide:
http://www.dor-guild.com/wiki/index.php ... swer_guide

Word of caution though: if the person spawning the Mm event hasn't done a "proper sequence" for the sayings to the blocker turn in mobs the MM event can be bugged to H and back.

The 2.5 drops are incredibly rare.
All epics can be replaced with TSS/TBS raid loots except Necro and Clerics. Necro and Cleric have +% funtionality from wearing their epics (Necros for +% to crit / and clerics have -% to hate generated) other epics can be clicked via bandolier but don't have to be worn (especialy dmg. ones as even 2.5's get quickly replaced in TSS/TBS)
Loraly

Post by Loraly »

I don't think I did the ZT turn in correctly either. If I don't correct it, what will it mean for my chances at my 2.5?
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

Again, there's two seperate issues.

1) Anyone can loot a 2.5 page from a Tier 2 Event in Demi.

2) By setting flags when turning in your Demi Blockers makes you ELIGIBLE to earn extra loot drops after winning the MM event.

Setting your flags does not give anyone their 2.5.
This quest involves 4 quest NPC's (same as the blocker turn in mobs).
Upon turning in your ae blocker item to each mob, they will present you with a section of quest text, which has 4 possible answers in traditional block text.
The way you answer this question, in conjunction with the other 3 answers determines the outcome for your title and bonus loot.
each step is repeatable, so you may go back at any time to change your outcomes.
Each mob has a bad answer, which if given to them will render you unable to trigger Mayong, and thus not being able to determine your title or bonus drop.
When you correctly give an answer, the NPC will respond with various answers that give clues to the outcome.
You should also see this text "You feel as though you have been judged, and that this decision may affect you sometime in the future." when giving an answer, which signifies your flag was updated.
Everyone needs to read the entire link, seems to be some misinformation about the whole process.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

Eweni

Post by Eweni »

All epics can be replaced with TSS/TBS raid loots except Necro and Clerics. Necro and Cleric have +% funtionality from wearing their epics (Necros for +% to crit / and clerics have -% to hate generated) other epics can be clicked via bandolier but don't have to be worn (especialy dmg. ones as even 2.5's get quickly replaced in TSS/TBS)
The Enchanter epic is not replaced by TSS+ loots, again because of the worn hate reduction mod. (Look at enchanter magelos for high ending raiding enchanters and this becomes very evident.)

Let me see if I can sum this up clearly and succinctly, to eliminate confusion.
Invocation of the Last Dawn (PAL, RNG, SHD, BRD, BST) -- can drop in Devlin's Chest (T2)
Invocation of Night (NEC, WIZ, MAG, ENC) -- can drop in Tris Wallow's Chest (T2)
Invocation of Eternity (CLR, DRU, SHM) -- can drop in Roley's Chest (T2)
Invocation of Death's Shadow (WAR, MNK, ROG, BER) -- can drop in the Performer's Chest (T2)
Turning in the appropriate page for your class will yield your personal 2.5 epic augment. These are rare drops in the chests from these events, and the pure melee classes typically get 'screwed' because Performer is the last (and generally considered hardest) of the events, and as such, gets farmed the least.

In addition to the chances of seeing the epic 2.5 pages drop on the above events, it is possible for each member of the guild to guarantee that an epic 2.5 piece will drop upon each successful Mayong kill. In order for this to happen, each person who triggers the Mayong event must have spoken the correct phrases when turning in their AE blockers (or corrected them at a later time, prior to triggering the event), and MLF must defeat the encounter. If all those conditions are met, there will be an extra loot in Mayong's chest-- specifically the Invocation selected based on your turn-in phrases. The Invocation that will appear in the chest is determined by the phrases you select, not by your class/archetype. For instance, even though I'm an enchie, I could select all my phrases such that I guarantee an Invocation of Death's Shadow (pure melee) in the chest. Similarly, if you choose different phrases, you can guarantee a loot item for the raid rather than an Invocation page. The only way the Mayong encounter will 'drop' an epic page is through this hailing/flagging system, and it will be guaranteed with a win (conditional on the hailer having selected all the correct phrases while turning in blockers.)
If you are the one triggering a successful Mayong kill, the only thing you are guaranteed to get is the title associated with the phrases you selected. The loot in the chest belongs to the guild-- you may win/earn your 2.5 page (if that's the bonus loot you've chosen), but you are not guaranteed it anymore than you are guaranteed a loot off any other named mob killed anywhere else.

Another things to note-- some trigger phrases do not yield any loot /titles (they are "bad"). Triggering the event with these will yield no bonus loot for the guild and no title for you. Even if you don't care about your title (displaying it is optional), you should do your homework so as not to screw yourself or your guildies out of potential loot. ;)

~Ewww
Radala Zephyrider
Shaman of Hayatet on Seradon

Eweni En`Fuego
80th Enchantress
(Retired)
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

Jorrell wrote:I want to be in Tier 2 of Demi within two months or less.
If Jorrell gets his wish we might be closer than we think
Leiph

Post by Leiph »

Close to gaining entrance to T2, yes. Close to beating Mayong Mistmoore and closing out T2, no. Outside of beating Mayong, page drops from T2 named are extremely rare.
Loraly

Post by Loraly »

So since the cleric page drops from the Roley event, I don't neccessarily need to do the sequence for that to drop from Mayong but could do it so that the vampire health ring drops instead?