Our Hiatus & Our Youngest Son

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Kibishii
nomorespam: 0

Our Hiatus & Our Youngest Son

Post by Kibishii »

I wanted to pop in and say hi and let everyone know what Kibishii and I (Jason and Christina) have been up to lately since we took an 18 month or so break from EQ, and share some very unfortunate news regarding our family. We took a break from EQ when our second son was born (we posted a poll to help pick his name). We settled on Kevin Fayne, and I posted pictures of him on the pictures board when he was born on October 15, 2006. As a proud parent, I posted pictures of our boys on a pretty regular basis. We decided that having 2 kids under 2 years old kept us plenty busy and we needed a break from nightly raiding. Our faith and our children our first in our lives and we wanted to focus on them.

On April 20th our son Kevin passed away very unexpectedly in his bed. He was 18 months old and completely healthy. The county has determined no cause of death at this time. This has been a very difficult time for us both and we have had a lot of healing from our faith and from our surviving son, Gregory. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I have posted a few pictures of our son on this post, most are only a day or so before he passed.

In the meantime, Jason started playing Vanguard in the evenings as a distraction and I decided to log back in to see what kind of distraction I could find in the evening. Not sure how long I'll be back, but for now I'm enjoying seeing everyone and grouping.

Frostweave
Christina

Pherawk
nomorespam: 22

Re: Our Hiatus & Our Youngest Son

Post by Pherawk »

I can't even come close to having a clue on how to write anything that does justice for a loss of this magnitude. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Be strong and be there for each other. Really makes you appreciate just how precious every day is.
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Euan
Sherlock Holmes

Post by Euan »

A beautiful boy, thanks for celebrating him with us.

I know we talked a little in-game, and I'll say again here how sorry I am for your loss.

Though I wish it were under different circumstances, it's nice to see your names on the boards and in-game again.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

I'm realatively new to MLF, but my heart breaks at your loss. May you find solace in knowing he is in God's care now.

My thoughts are prayers are with you during your time of need.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Gentlemen Assassin, Nightblade.
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

And the little used alter egos' Durdend and Iluweyen
Leiph

Post by Leiph »

All I can offer up is my deepest sympathies. If you ever want to chat in game, or are looking for a group to keep you occupied, shoot me a /tell anytime.
Dominiculus

Post by Dominiculus »

Though I'm glad to see you back in game, I wished it was under different circumstances :( My prayers go with you and Kibbi.

Domi
Luiigi

Post by Luiigi »

So very sorry to hear about your loss. I was glad to see old friends return, but i wish it was under better circumstances.
Cenadyen

Post by Cenadyen »

Can only echo what others have said :(. Good to see you in game again but definitely wish that it were under much different circumstances.
There are two players in the Village of Death 8)
Jorrell
Guild Leader

Post by Jorrell »

I had no clue this had happened...

I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through. Be strong and be there to lift the other up when times get tough. You'll need each other now more than ever. Keep him forever in your hearts and he will never be that far away.

We're all here for you and if you ever need to chat. I'm just a /tell away.

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Brawll

Post by Brawll »

As a single father of a 15 year old son I cannot imagine something happening to him. My heart goes out to you both. God Bless you. :(
Sensei Brawll Quickhands
80th Level Monk serving
Mystical Lightfighters
Dekayd

Post by Dekayd »

Wow...I'm sorry Frost.... :(
Grand Occultist Dekayd Ta`Mire
High Priest Camien Ta`Mire
Valiant Milander Truewield

(Insert witty saying here.)

Prathun-Dev wrote:
"Mondays we play Bingo. Tuesdays are reserved for rare coin and stamp collecting. On Wednesdays most of the team goes out to the vineyards for wine tasting. Thursdays we hit the beach. Fridays we take off to get an early start on the weekend, to relax and recuperate before we start the whole process over again the following week."
Eweni

Post by Eweni »

Frost,

Nothing I can say is adequate here, but I am truly sorry for your loss.

I'm sure the look on my face was priceless when Kib sent me that first tell--pretty sure I forgot to heal, lol. Has he relinquished your laptop yet and replaced his machine? :wink:

Feel free to shoo him away from the keys and say hello anytime!

/big hugs to you both!

~Rad

/waves to everyone else
Radala Zephyrider
Shaman of Hayatet on Seradon

Eweni En`Fuego
80th Enchantress
(Retired)
Carlisa

Post by Carlisa »

Kibishi and Frostweave I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can not imagine the pain you feel each day. As a mom it is my worst nightmare. Please know that you are in my heart and prayers. May the Lord bless you all and keep you in his care. Your little man is a precious angel in heaven looking down on you and knows how much you loved him. May God Bless You All.

Carlisa Cluless
Whit's End
Tizgarr

Post by Tizgarr »

I am so sorry for your loss, i cant even begin to imagine what you guys must be going through. Stay as strong as you can and take comfort in each other.

Tizgarr
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Kib and Frost,

Echoing what the above say and adding you two to my and Miasma's prayers that you find peace, and while maybe not understanding, acceptance why God needed Kevin to come live with him at that time.

A friend from your long time past
Crystilla