You might be oldschool if..

This is the place for all those funny jokes, links, and general tomfoolery! [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Darkenr

You might be oldschool if..

Post by Darkenr »

Sad part is I can say that every single one of these apply to me, especially the last one! GRR hehe!

You might be oldschool if...

You've ever ran from Qeynos to Freeport (or reverse).

You know what "corpse recovery gear" is.

You've ever worn Raw Silk or Bronze and thought you were uber.

You ever hoped you would be in the "exp group" on raids.

You've ever bought or sold in the EC Tunnel.

You've ever prepped for an hour on a Naggy or Vox raid, made sure you had plenty of "junk buffs", ran up, belly casted, got squashed, and thought that was the pinacle of fun.

Ever heard "Dvinn to zone!", thought "big deal", Whack! Bam! "Loading, please wait." WTH?!

You remember when there were 40+ players in Dreadlands, all the time.

You remember when Druids seemingly did nothing but offer port services for plat, /ooc ing their warez in every zone.

You've waited an hour or more for a "ledge group" in VL.

Guilds cared if you were on Kael or CoV faction.

You ever stared at your spellbook while medding.

You ever cussed under your breath when some dumbass in your group invised you and killed your pet.
taurii

Re: You might be oldschool if..

Post by taurii »

yay im oldschool=D

Taurii
Annij

Post by Annij »

I remember all of that.

Level 90 Magician
Mystical Lightfighters

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Porck

Post by Porck »

Darkenr wrote: You've ever prepped for an hour on a Naggy or Vox raid, made sure you had plenty of "junk buffs", ran up, belly casted, got squashed, and thought that was the pinacle of fun.
I wish I'd been on those old Naggy or Vox raids that were that quick.... =/

Buff circles.... camping to an alt... waiting for the go... logging back in... redoing groups... had to hurry before buffs faded or the giants respawned....
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

How about getting lost and dying just trying to find your way to VOX (with a printed out map by your side). How about getting levy at the VOX gather spot (not at the buff spot), and trying to make your way up to the ledge, and into the back door of VOX's chambers (been there done that).

How about trying to find your way around Crystal Caverns, or trying to aim and jump down to a ledge WAYYYY down below you.

How about trying to figure out a way to survive the jump into the Hole, THERE has to be a way to survive, after all it's ONLY water, or finally figuring out how to squirm your way thru the locked stone door, underwater, into the HOLE, and BTW, do it while holding your breath!
I could go on and on...

What a rich fantasy life we have led....
... like a speeding car with jammed door locks, cut brake lines, a dead steering wheel, and air vents that pump nitrous oxide. Everyone is dimly aware the country is heading for the edge of a cliff, but no one can muster the energy to search for alternatives.
CLICK ME
ME TOO!
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!
Evadia
nomorespam: 0

Post by Evadia »

I've done all that myself and have a couple to add begged for buffs for your corpse run.
Begged a kind cleric to go with you for your corpse run.
Evadia
taurii

Post by taurii »

i have one to add too...

If you ever fell in the hole in the tree in black burrow and couldn't get your body back without help=P

Taurii
Sidara

Post by Sidara »

How about spending 30 mins just to prep for Halls of testing in ToV then screaming omg the lagg from the aoe and dieing over and over just to see 1 armor drop.remeber begin scared to zone in ME.Ya i remeber all those days they was classic playing days.my favorite is zoning into kanor's castle waiting on the screen to loading praying if you not dead and if you not u will be zoning right back out because of TRAIN!!!

Originally Posted by wudedormTunare
There are many ways to be a war just cause you feel it works for you does not make it the "only way"...
shureshot

Post by shureshot »

train to zone....training left....
Dekayd

Post by Dekayd »

"Train to zone!"
"Train right!"
"Train RIGHT!!"
"TRAIN RIGHT YOU F&*(ING IDIOT!!1!"

Yeah, I remember all of those days :P

As far as Vox/Naggy raids, I was proud to have been part of the only single group Naggy kill on the server back in the day, while playing Milander. Which is sad, because it would be SO gimp now with the current gear that's available, even at that level. :/
Grand Occultist Dekayd Ta`Mire
High Priest Camien Ta`Mire
Valiant Milander Truewield

(Insert witty saying here.)

Prathun-Dev wrote:
"Mondays we play Bingo. Tuesdays are reserved for rare coin and stamp collecting. On Wednesdays most of the team goes out to the vineyards for wine tasting. Thursdays we hit the beach. Fridays we take off to get an early start on the weekend, to relax and recuperate before we start the whole process over again the following week."
thaxlet

Post by thaxlet »

I solo'd vox with my 52 pally and he's gimp - it's so easy now with clickies, potions and defiant gear.
Smoosei
nomorespam: 22

Post by Smoosei »

I remember PoHate raids in the old PoHate where you had to run to the safe spot along the wall and when you got to the safe spot you had to camp out so you wouldn't aggro any mobs that were only a few feet away.. and planar armor was awesome.. loved my Vermiculated armor as a druid and that bright purple BP as a cleric =D woot !

nice thread :)
Annij

Post by Annij »

oh god, old Plane of Hate. No matter what I did, I died on every port up. /sigh

But if you REALLY wanna talk old school, ask OJAI about his infamous FART team :D

No, really, ask him....

Level 90 Magician
Mystical Lightfighters

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

Ok, break ins to Fear?

Remember setting up the groups to run thru the portal, once inside, hang a quick left to the wall, and it was a hella battle there, just TRYING to hold the line, hang on till the raid gets here and you have enough to help, then the idiot that trains the safe spot only to wipe the raid.

Then trying to find another guild that can help you do corpse runs into Fear..... till weeee hours of the morning.
Dominiculus
nomorespam: 22

Post by Dominiculus »

yep remember all of that and waiting for your turn at Orc 1, Getting on the list for High hold pass, What's a Gore :) "LOADING PLEAS WAIT" Trying to get to CoM Raid without dieing. Heh! trying to get anywhere with out dieing :D