Best Anti-Virus I've ever used

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Durdaen

Best Anti-Virus I've ever used

Post by Durdaen »

Is now on sale at Newegg.com.

Today only you can buy this anti-virus for only $9.99 with Free Shipping.

The reason I love this anti-virus so much is it has a VERY small footprint (not a resource hog), is consistantly updated, virus scans are fast and I've never been infected since I started using it (I can't say that for Norton or McAfee). I've been using NOD32 for goign on 3 years now and have really been impressed with it.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition V3.0 - OEM
Use the following promo code with you check out
Promo code: EMCBCBBBH

Original Price: $39.99
Instant Discount: -$10.00
Promo Discount: -$20.00
Shipping: Free 3-7 Egg Saver delivery
Total Cost: $9.99

If the promo code fails, signup for the Newegg.com newsletter and try again.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Gentlemen Assassin, Nightblade.
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

And the little used alter egos' Durdend and Iluweyen
Zzzapp
nomorespam: 22

Re: Best Anti-Virus I've ever used

Post by Zzzapp »

Do they have free updates?
Do they require a yearly cost?

The one I use asks for a payment each year :?
Zzzapp
Durdaen

Post by Durdaen »

The $9.99 gives you unlimited updates for 1 year. And yes, you would have to buy another year of service one year to the day after you activate this cd.
Durdaen Darkpoint
Marauder, Deceiver, Back Stabber, Gentlemen Assassin, Nightblade.
Mystical Lightfighters
Hand of the Ring

And the little used alter egos' Durdend and Iluweyen
Blabberpuss

Post by Blabberpuss »

This is the one I use, I have always considered it the best. And the price, crazy cheap. Use PayPal and get an additional 15% credit!
... like a speeding car with jammed door locks, cut brake lines, a dead steering wheel, and air vents that pump nitrous oxide. Everyone is dimly aware the country is heading for the edge of a cliff, but no one can muster the energy to search for alternatives.
CLICK ME
ME TOO!
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!
Krrak
nomorespam: 0

Post by Krrak »

http://free.grisoft.com

AVG anti-virus - absolutely free for that version and it updates faster than either Norton or McAffee combined (both of which are absolute shite programs to begin with but they are the largest known.)

And if you want the pro version it's a very low cost for a lot of benefits at http://www.grisoft.com

I have been using this for several years now and have never been infected while using it.
ImageImage
Dashun

Post by Dashun »

Krrak wrote:http://free.grisoft.com

AVG anti-virus - absolutely free for that version and it updates faster than either Norton or McAffee combined (both of which are absolute shite programs to begin with but they are the largest known.)

And if you want the pro version it's a very low cost for a lot of benefits at http://www.grisoft.com

I have been using this for several years now and have never been infected while using it.
I work for geek squad. AVG is not good, period. Trust me. You've never been infected b/c you're smarter than the average user.

It doesn't matter what AV or AS program one uses. The general public is stupid and puts blame on everyone but themselves for clicking on things they shouldn't be.
Dashun Fly`Leaf
forever Fyrelee's
taurii

Post by taurii »

i would like to take exception to that comment=) my laptop died a long time ago and i am perfectly aware that it was due to my P2P downloading habits using crap software like winmx=) while i am stupid and click on things that i shouldnt be but i am perfectly willing to admit my stupidity=D

Taurii
Malegolas
nomorespam: 22

Post by Malegolas »

I've used Avast AntiVirus 4Home for years and it seems to work fairly well for me. It's free, but they do require you to register (name, e-mail) every 13 months or something, and they just give you a license key. But don't worry about getting spammed, they've never sent me a single e-mail.

sacredprince

Post by sacredprince »

I too use Avast 4 Home and its a free renewal every 16 months. The only thing that I dont like about avast is if I forget to turn my pc off at night, I get woke up by a strange voice saying (((Virus Database has been updated))) hehe
Zenedia

Post by Zenedia »

I'm an avast user as well. No infections since I've installed it, and I've found it's better at finding certain malware infections that Norton and McAfee don't consider dangerous enough to catch. I've heard good things about NOD32... but you can't beat free. If they'd just bring Avast Professional down to the same price as McAfee, I'd switch the work AV over.