DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 7 BETA

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

shureshot

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 7 BETA

Post by shureshot »

Guys, watch out, i'm having problems loading EQ on windows 7 beta 32 bit. So if anyone was planning on beta testing it, i suggest you put it on a system that you don't plan to run EQ on. It seems there is a memory leak when trying to load the software. I'll post more when i figure more out.
shureshot

Re: DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 7 BETA

Post by shureshot »

Just a quick update, this may be a directx error due to updates being installed all around, i will try updating directx9.0c as well as a couple other items i researched in the morning. If you guys run across anything, post them here that way anyone else wanting to jump on the windows 7 band wagon knows what to expect. As for system operation, over all it runs great and seems 10x faster and more stable than vista, its just minor bugs that need to be ironed out and getting EQ to work correctly....
Kityr

Post by Kityr »

I am looking at gettting a new system. The computer guy said I should be fine on all my games with Vista 64 bit and it is not worth the wait. What is do you all think?
Malegolas
nomorespam: 22

Post by Malegolas »

I thought I had heard that EQ will NOT work on 64 bit. Not 100% though. I would make darn sure before getting a 64-bit OS.

Pherawk
nomorespam: 22

Post by Pherawk »

I'm pretty sure I've seen people post that they run EQ on 64 bit Vista, although it sounds like a REAL pain in the ass to get going.
"In today's content, HP doesn't mean anything, it's your AC that marks your progression as HP will always be there (you can't get upgrade without HP, but you can get upgrade without AC... the later being the bad choice)." - Yoda on TSW about warrior AC.
Porck

Post by Porck »

EQ works fine on Vista 64. I have had no problems. As with any game, this depends a lot on memory and video drivers. Performance tends to be slightly lower than XP although I haven't noticed any problems.

The key is that EQ has to run with administrative privileges. I haven't investigated why.

I had no problems getting it set up. I just copied my old install and started it up.
shureshot

Post by shureshot »

I to can verify that EQ will run very easily on Vista x64. I have more problems with vista running other programs that it should have a problem with then EQ could ever give me on it.
Zenedia
nomorespam: 0

Post by Zenedia »

I've been running EQ on Win XP x64 Professional for 2 years now; no issues whatsoever. The only problem I had initially was EQ's lack of support for dual-core processors at the initial time of install. They've since fixed that, and I've had no other troubles. Now if only I had time to play...
Ladymusik
nomorespam: 0

Post by Ladymusik »

I also have 2 vista 64 systems, running quad core 8 gig ram and dual nvidia SLI cards in each, I do alot of graphics and video editing, I know macs are best for this but Ive always used windows for gaming. As porck mentioned I also have to run as an administrator. I think it could be because theres multiple users but not sure. Its kinda annoying but ive had no problems at all with EQ.

Havent heard much about Windows 7, just the basics from mags and such.