Stopping in to say Hallo'dare.

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Chitz
nomorespam: 0

Stopping in to say Hallo'dare.

Post by Chitz »

Hi everyone, VERY long time no see. :)
I was just going about doing my normal stuff online as always,... and once again my thoughts returned back to my old friends in MLF. Funny how that happens isn't it. People who never played would never understand.
Though I have been out of EQ1 for jeez,... around what,... 5 or 6 years now I think? I still oftentimes think back with very very happy memories of my time spent in game, and of all of my FRIENDS from the guild, alot of which I'm sure are long gone, and the majority of people now will have absolutely no idea who "the chitz" was.

For those of you that are still playing, I just wanted to let you know that even years after you stop, you never forget the friends you made in-game, and you never forget the adventures that you had. I still remember how amazingly proud I STILL feel, about when we were first able to get around trugwa and his guild cockblocking us at ssra, and we finally,... finally killed the emperor. The ssra emp. sounds like such a tiny little mob now that you guys could probably solo with one group,.... but I will never forget how proud I was of that moment,... how much I still cherish all of the memories of running through halls of testing with everyone, still trying to get those armor drops. Helping everyone with the ring wars,... and that gd loyalists shield of honor! heh.

Years have passed,.. and I still remember so many of my in-game experiences like they happened a few weeks or months ago. I really did care about everyone in the guild. And I still really do have a special place in my heart where I care about them still. Even onefop and feemee :) You guys were the best arch nemesi that a guy could ever have heh.

Even if I am not in game with you guys, I have never forgotten you all, and I mean that,... everyone who was in the guild when I was, I still literally can remember what your guys toons looked like even, and who were the people you always knew you could count on for help.

I tried eq2 for about 3 years off and on, and I did like that there was alot more focus on questing rather than PL'ing, and you could solo through most of the game so you could go at your own pace and still get just as much exp from questing as you would from grouping for the most part. But,... it just wasn't the same.
Am currently on city of heroes, and spend 99% of my time soloing there. It's hard to find a group, but I can log in and play that for a half hour or an hour here and there and log off without leaving a group up sheit creek, so it's a tradeoff.

I got married to someone far outta my league 2 and a half years ago. Thankfully she hasn't realized it yet. heh.
And most everything else is starting to fall in place for me it's seeming. I started my own little company (1 man at the moment) but things are starting to look up :) . I got into paintball about a year and a half ago,... and hated the "speedball" aspect, but fell in love with the scenario/milsim style of play. One day I just had an idea out of nowhere of how to try and make something for my paintbal gun, and it worked,.. then another thing, then another thing,... and I figured that everyone on the paintbal forums liked my stuff, so why not get a business loan?

So,
http://www.scenarioarms.com

So that's what I'm doing right now :) Kinda wierd,.... but like they say, try to find something you love, and figure out how to do it for a living heh.

It's great to get to leave a message for you guys, and say hi to my old friends. And I'm not saying that as a cliche, you guys ARE my friends. Every single one of you that are still here from when I was in,... you guys are my friends, and I miss hangin out with you all. :)

And I'm glad you guys never stopped kicking butt and taking names.
I'm going to stop in here every now and then and actually respond to any posts in here unlike most "just stopping by to say hi" threads. So if anyone wants to just chat some random stuff, go ahead and post and I'll respond :)

Sincerely,
Chitz

And one more thing,.... feemee and onefop,... up'jur hoobajoobs ju lil midgit sunsabishes.
/rude
Chitz Outhafflings
Sacker of Rivervale
Eater of Gnome Babies
Chitz's Gimp Arse Gear
Quix

Re: Stopping in to say Hallo'dare.

Post by Quix »

Wow Chitz, was just talking about you in Guild chat the other night, we still miss you but it looks like exciting things in are happening in RL. Great to hear from, I'll pass the website on to some paintball friends of mine :).

Quix Stixx - 85 Rogue
Sticky finger's gear
"Idle hands are the devil's tools"
Yoyoma FrostHammer
78 Shaman and Honored Lightfighter
Jorrell
Guild Leader

Post by Jorrell »

Chitz! I'm going to try and not get all sappy, but your post really made my day. Its great to hear that you are doing so well. I can still remember the days of us grinding out xp in Plane of Disease castle.
Chitz wrote:Though I have been out of EQ1 for jeez,... around what,... 5 or 6 years now I think?
Your last "online" date was... May 15, 2005 and your guild note said "Halfling Lover!"

It wasn't long ago that I mentioned in guild chat that we had a warrior that would tank with his pants off. Lots of good memories indeed. Although Feemee and Onefop may need some meds after your post.

Please take good care of yourself, my friend. It was great hearing from you!

P.S. - The guild hot tub has never been right since you were last in it and I'll be sending you the bill. :P

Guild Leader of the Mystical Lightfighters
Kristav

Post by Kristav »

Whoa Troll Alert!!

Hey buddy! As Quix mentioned, there has been some talk of O.G. Chitz and the "old days" very recently. I was just thinking today of the MLF news thing you worked on. Glad to see you are doing good, mate! You mentioned the memories of earlier EQ that you had and have never lost, and I know I speak for more than myself when I say that those of us who were here and there with you, havent forgotten you either. Its hard to put in words the effect that one person can have on your gaming experience, but you improved everyones immeasurabley. Youre a great guy, it makes up for your looks, so your lady may not be that bad off after all :P Give me a shout via email if you will at kelandres79@hotmail.com . Would love to chat more with you...

Your friend,
Andrew
(Tarmack)
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

CHITZ! Man bro, you don't know how many times I've thought of you and laughed my ass off. As I am sure many in MLF have from the thoughts of your antics.

I've often wondered how you've been and am glad to hear that things are going well for you.
I took a little flack (good natured of course) when you were talking about coming back after your marriage and I told you oh hell no. Are you nuts? Go play with your new wife :)
It hasn't been quite a year since I quit playing EQ and it is like you say. The people here weren't just toons with people behind them. They are friends. Real friends. I also miss quite a few terribly but cannot put in the time that it takes in EQ to do anything. You my friend are at the top of that list. Always.

So /wave bro, and /handshake ( I always thought that should be an emote in the game) to ya. Drop me a line sometime. I think my e-mail is in my profile.

/huge wave to all my friends here in MLF. I am still checking the boards every other day (the parts I can see anyway, looks at Jorrell :x haha )

Dan
Dominiculus
nomorespam: 22

Post by Dominiculus »

Heh! Chitz happends! yes that is still being used by me and others who will never forget you and your unique play style. :D. Its soo good to hear from you my friend :) I can't put into words my feelings for you and having you post about the early conquest of MLF put chills up and down my spine :) I'm not trying to lure you back, but :wink: EQ has differently put a lot of effort into making it an ever questing game and with the new mercs you can do a lot of stuff solo. in fact 3 peeps with mercs makes for a decent group.

Ok I am trying to get you back playing :lol: with the way EQ has set up AAs and leveling I know you can catch up fast, and peeps are letting stuff rot that you would think godly stuff :twisted: So get your hairy ass in game and stop putzing around or are you afraid you will start talking toll when talking to customers :evil:

You and Liamwhiteblaze are 2 peeps I miss the most when looking to do new stuff with or farming a camp.

/Sigh If you can't or don't want to get in game then please post more often :D
Euan
Sherlock Holmes

Post by Euan »

Hey Chitz, nice to see you "trolling" ;)

For those of you who didn't have the honor of seeing Chitz in-game, there's a couple good Chitz-isms here: http://www.mysticallightfighters.com/ml ... zmain.html (MLFNN shuttered it's doors ages ago, but there's some funny reads in there)

Wish you the best of luck on your business - I admire your initiative to start something like that.

I don't know paintball styles or lingo, but Tseeth used to work with one of the founding members of the "Tippinators", a hardcore (sponsored) paintball team. I gather they're well-known Canadian paintballers, especially in the east, and the NE states. Not sure if they keep in touch, but if an introduction to one of them would help you out, let me know and I'll point Tse to this thread.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the cranky board admin may not be aligned with those of MLF leadership.
Kityr

Post by Kityr »

Heya Chitz, it is great to hear from you and I am glad life is good in your little slice of the world. As many have already said, you come up pretty regularly in conversations either in group or guild chat and it is always with a laugh and a smile.

Take care.
Lorf

Post by Lorf »

Chitz!! You are the Chitz man those where the days In old eq. I remember the SSRA days and VT.
I think about MLF all the time and wounder how and what all the old members are doing.
But it sure is great to hear that RL things are doing good for you.

Winelorf
Chitz

Post by Chitz »

Wow.
It's great to hear from so many of you guys, alot of which I really hoped were the ones who would stop in :)
Domi,... you'll be glad to know that when I went over to everquest2, that I turned into a "cleric" over there.
Talk about a career change. went from a troll warrior, to rollplaying an incredibly snotty high elf cleric, who would anger groups because I would REFUSE to cross streams because I'd get my feet muddy on the other side.

I actually ran into nindiar and jaeccee (I think that's how you spell it) over there. Turned out we were on the same server and bumped into each other. And unfortunately I ran into weewan, who was the reason that I left eq2 the first time for about a year.

Borimorg:
I took a little flack (good natured of course) when you were talking about coming back after your marriage and I told you oh hell no. Are you nuts? Go play with your new wife :)
I've never forgot you telling me that my blue armored friend. It's why I didn't. And thank you for the advice. My wife says she doesn't miiiiiiiiiind that I play games, but I've learned that the only time I can really do it, is when she's working, out for the day,... or asleep. Otherwise she gets "that look" that I'm not spending any time with her. LOL. So I'm glad I listened to you.

Domi,..
With that being said, I have thought about coming back recently. I would only get to play for a couple of days here and there each month for a full day, other than that it'd just be a couple of hours in the late evenings. But my one huge holdup, is,.. c'mon,... I'm 5-6 years behind everyone in content, and it's probably a completely different game now with how aggro and tanking works. Who wants to group with a 70 tank that is learning all over again. I'd probably have to make a little low lvl alt, beg for newbie gear from unca' domi,.. and learn my way up again heh. Would be fun though. I'm on the fence about giving it a shot.

Am about to cancel my city of heros subscription because it's just too dang boring to solo 99% of the time you play.

And I was trying to download that old eqchat thing we all used to have so I could see who was on, but can't find a link for it anywhere. Do you guys all just use ventrilo's now?

Sneekyc,
I still, will never forget how humbled I was when a few months after I took over chitz, you and your group asked me to join you on your once a week groups, that you used to do with the "old" chitz.

Euan,... thanks for the link to MLFNN.
I've spent an hour now trying to find the old NLF website, and I finally found it.
I found it through some obscure thing deep in google.

Turns out that though the actual NLF site doesn't pop up in search engines, I one time left a message about it in a message board somewhere, and it got caught by the search engine bots.

You'll never believe where I found it :)
The old exiled gatekeepers forums.

So,... here is pretty much an entire year and a half of fun and crazy in-game events that MLF had,.. all rolled into one small website, and chonicled by chitz.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/Sifu/NLF.html

The Norrathian Liberation Front was a group of us who in-game ran little events for fun and laughs in the guild. Our goal was to cause good natured chaos in everquest by telling fake stories through planned screenshots. It turned into a huge thing where pretty much all of the "goodie goodie" players in the guild were throwing little scripted screenshot stories back at us as if they were battling NLF and our mission to conquer norrath.

For you guys not used to it, the troll speak will be a little hard to read at first, but just sound everything out phonetically, and the stories are kinda funny :)

I still say my favorite events we ever did were the "naked haffling runs'o death", and the MLF Olympics.

-edit-
omg i'm such a dork. I wouldn't ONLY be able to play late evenings and a couple of days a month,.. I forgot that I work from home now. LOL. I'm home all day.
C'mon,.. it's 2:45am, my mind's not all here right now :)
Chitz Outhafflings
Sacker of Rivervale
Eater of Gnome Babies
Chitz's Gimp Arse Gear
Dominiculus

Post by Dominiculus »

You will never know, if you never try ;)
Borimorg

Post by Borimorg »

LMAO, that NLF site brought back memories.

Good times!
Visner

Post by Visner »

Hey there Chitz, good to hear from you. I stop by here from time to time as well to say hi and keep up on MLF. I too have all the fun memories and accomplishments that we all shared. Glad to hear all is well with you!

Visner
Image Image
Dekayd

Post by Dekayd »

Chitz is playing.

Where are you?!
Grand Occultist Dekayd Ta`Mire
High Priest Camien Ta`Mire
Valiant Milander Truewield

(Insert witty saying here.)

Prathun-Dev wrote:
"Mondays we play Bingo. Tuesdays are reserved for rare coin and stamp collecting. On Wednesdays most of the team goes out to the vineyards for wine tasting. Thursdays we hit the beach. Fridays we take off to get an early start on the weekend, to relax and recuperate before we start the whole process over again the following week."
Chitz

Post by Chitz »

I log in during the daytime, and late in the evenings.

Daytime is when my wifes at work and I won't get wife aggro heh.
And late in the evening is when she's asleep,.... and I won't get wife aggro.

Makes it hard to raid.
But in complete honesty after all this time off with my stats what they are in comparrison to everyone elses (even the silk wearers) I'd be more of a hindrance to a raid than anything else.
*shrug*
Chitz Outhafflings
Sacker of Rivervale
Eater of Gnome Babies
Chitz's Gimp Arse Gear