51/50

Drop by and say hello if you're new to our boards and check out what we've been up to. [Public]

Moderator: BatMonk

Satyrn
nomorespam: 22

51/50

Post by Satyrn »

What's your thoughts on this server?

Im not sure if its even live yet, considering no EQ atm! But I figured I'd see what everyones opinions on SoE's crazy "new ideas"

Personally, I feel like its sort of lazy both on SoE's part and players to want to skip 51 levels, considering the amount of things you learn by playing those levels!!! and 50 aa's is kind of a joke in my opinion, I guess its better than nothing. Needless to say I wont be seeing it for more than 10 minutes Im sure =p
kungapow

Re: 51/50

Post by kungapow »

Ok i hope they updated all your skills to that level or you are SoL. I think if you are a newcommer to EQ this blows. If you have been playing for abit and have a grasp on EQ then love it.
Malegolas

Post by Malegolas »

Yes I believe you start out with all skills maxed at level 51.

Etrudia

Post by Etrudia »

IMO, I like the idea. I agree for someone new wanting to learn the game, they will miss out on valuable knowledge gained by leveling through those 50 levels. For me, I've been playing for almost 6 years but I don't have the time to level an alt (my highest is prolly 36 on another server). I love playing the monk and don't forsee ever playing a different class, but I like the idea of being able to learn how other classes operate and not have to level each one up. I plan on using the new server simply as a way to get some insight into how some of you other classes work!

-Tru

ex. Like Rangers, how come you are always dieing?

Sitasha tells the raid, 'Ok today, we will agro first mob in the door and take
it to SE corner, we kill it down, named becomes active I will pull it to MA<TBA>
we start beating on it, adds come all assist to kill the adds then get back on
named, once named is dead I call Mana check, monks ignore and keep pulling...'
Annissa
nomorespam: 0

Post by Annissa »

I don't plan on playing on it or any other server. I have my friends here and my characters that I have put so much time and effort into making them what they are. I just can't imagine playing on another server, especially one that gives you a jump-start on levels and AAs.. If I'm playing a new class, I want to learn to play it from the ground up.. otherwise it's like a used character that you know almost nothing about playing. Just my opinion. Only one I would consider would be a bard, simply because the skills have to be good to sing well, but learning what type of songs work for different types of groups and situations.. I would be totally lost.
Shrunk

Post by Shrunk »

I think it will be a cool way to try out classes you haven't had a chance to try and not have to grind through the tedious lower levels.
Osirisx

Post by Osirisx »

I have to admit when they polled for this I chose the 51/50 option not only because of Van Halan (guitarists might get that one) but also too maybe compete with WoW's Death Knight class thing starting you at lvl 55.

This is great since its for any class not just one. Ever wanted to try out a toon but dont feel like grinding it into the 40-50's which is what is needed to truely start to see what they can really do? This gives you that chance and I think it is great. I'm sure I will probably just use it to play a class for 10 levels or so see how I like it at higher level then deside if I want to PL one on our server. Rinse and repeat.

Just my 2 cents which arent even worth 2 pennies.

Osirisx, 82 Bard
Delf, 82 Necro
Nappoleun, 82 Ranja
Meyax, 75 Chanter
Bloodynubbs, 71 Rogue
Pilzee, 71 Cleric
Moosee, 67 Pally
Agrogankr, 65 SK
Berkerser, 52 Zerker
Biggwin, 52 Druid
Frob, 52 Shammy
And Many Others.......